Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Destructive Record dosen\'t destructively record !

Hi there !

I just installed PT7 on a Dual Processor 2.5Ghz G5 4 Gb RAM, Pro Tools HD : 1 core, 1 Accel, 1 HD process, 192 i/o & 882/20, plenty of Hard Disks (>3 Tb) .

It just worked fine with PT 6.9. I wanted to use the increased power of RTAS & instrument Trax... but A lot of crackling is happening when I use Kontakt2 AND when I want to re-record over a track, I see that the waveform has changed but the old track is sounding !!!! I recalculated the overview to see what was really on the track : Indeed the original data is still on the track !?!

I tried different things like :
-Completely remove Pro Tools -> re-install Pro Tools (not to mention numerous re-start, re-build desktop, Zap PRAM, optimizing disks, fix permissions etc...)

-Changed the config of the system : removing one interface (882/20), removing the HD Process, keep only one HD

-Trashed all the preferences and DigiSetup.OSX

Still, When i record for the first time: OK, Record non-destructively: fine, Punch Record: fine but... Replace the data with the new one (destructive-rec) : Some times it record new material on the Left track of a stereo track, sometimes in doesn't record at all, sometimes it works ??????

Is one of you have the same curious phenomenon occuring ?

It is one of my everyday feature I use because when I mix, I always record what I am doing but now, I record nothing !

Please Help

Thank you!

Michel from Montreal !