Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Default Pro Tools 7.3.1. on Lion

Hey there,

So I know this is kind of a long shot, but I recently dropped water on my 2007 MacBook Pro and today I bought a 3,4 i7 iMac with Lion (OS X 10.7) preinstalled.

I know AVID doesn't officially support Pro Tools 7.3 on Lion, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway... The thing is : I'm totally broke and can't really afford to get upgrade all my softwares right after the iMac purchase.

To my great surprise, 7.3.1 installed perfectly on Lion... No problem until I got to actually create a new session : says my dedicated hard drive is not a valid audio volume. So I popped up workspace to see what was up... Indeed, I cannot switch neither my local HDD nor my external LaCie to record mode.

I tried the "thrashing preferences/database-repair disk permission-uninstall/reinstall PT" routine but to no avail so far... I'm on the verge of reinstalling OSX entirely.

Is there anything else I could possibly try? It's really frustrating because it definitely seems like 7.3.1. would be stable : fast startup, no iLok/Mobile Pre problems... seems perfectly compatible.

Please help, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much everyone!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.3.1. on Lion

Is the drive formatted by default as Mac OS Extended Case-Sensitive? That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise it's probably just not able to deal with the Z68 chipset in the imac and can't figure out what kind of connection the hard drive uses. The fact that your Lacie drive doesn't work is alarming and tells me you've hit some sort of dead end that would require additional development, and that you're stuck.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 AM

Well, I've got 7.4.2 running on my Mac Pro using 10.6.8 without any problems - not Lion I know BUT I can use any of the internal drives as well as my external G Tech drive. All the workspace letters are correctly set to R R. When I try the same combination on my Macbook Pro I can't even write to the internal drive, never mind an external drive. I've re-formatted the external drive, done permissions etc etc but can't get anywhere with it. All the drives just give the same "audio volume" message.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 PM

any solutions yet? i have the same problem.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 AM

I am having the same crisis. Can anyone help??