Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Mackie Controller

I was wondering how well the Mackie controller works with Pro Tools. I would like to get the full controller with 32 faders, as well as the new C4 option. The question I really want to be answered is how the control surface can help in navigating between parameters inside of plugins, as well as access to different windows, automation, and any thing else possible?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Mackie Controller

I have the mackie controller universal, so i dont now about the C4 option - even though i would love
to own one.

With the controller you have access to everything you could wish to have when you mix a session.
I'm totally addicted to the controller

For information on what and how you can navigate it with protools, read the following pdf
Mackie Control Universal for Pro Tools User's Guide

Hope it helps
Old 10-29-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Mackie Controller

Quote:
I was wondering how well the Mackie controller works with Pro Tools. I would like to get the full controller with 32 faders, as well as the new C4 option. The question I really want to be answered is how the control surface can help in navigating between parameters inside of plugins, as well as access to different windows, automation, and any thing else possible?
Maybe not the best solution.
You will still have to bank over to the MC to adjust plug-in parameters, you will be able to assign them from the extenders but not adjust them.
PT doesn't support the C4.

As things are currently the cheapest multi-fader full function setup is the Control24.