Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: UPDATED READ AGAIN the original....

So much for professionalism.

So what. So someone disagreed with you. Why don't you take it like a man instead of resorting to name calling.

Why are there two threads anyway?

Do you remember pressing the "I Agree" button when you authorized Waves? For that matter do you remember the "I Agree" button when you registered on DUC. This is beginning to look like Trolling, Flame War, and Double Post for sure.

WUP is a rip. That's why I don't have it. Gold and no more. End of story.

Oh, and BTW I do know that the rant is about the issue of selling and transferring assets.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:59 PM

Rob, and others I apologize. It is just I have been stabbed in the back by a good friend (Waves) and pick- pocketed at the same time ($892 final transfering fee)

And when I'm mad, professionalism is out the door. And now someone is rubbing the wound with salt and we all know if it was he or you for that matter, this amount of money to transfer ownership is more in the range of a home mortgage fee. I'm not laughing.

Forgive me.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:12 PM

Keith
I don't disagree with you.
I think it is extortion.
BUT...we "Agree" to it, in order to use it.
I dono, I buy plugs new and don't sell them.
Waves is most likely just trying to discourage 2nd sales.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Quote:
BUT...we "Agree" to it, in order to use it
I knew of nothing as the rules changed as I went. here is a post from Ducky in the other thread.
Two threads because I am a PTLE user upgrading to PTHD

Quote:
RUNRUN and D-Weeb... Not true!

Many of us purchased a Waves Bundle with express understanding that for a $150- transfer fee ONLY, we could sell our bundles to any other party. At that time, there was no WUP and obviously there was no statement "You must have a current WUP". You could, at the time of purchase, sell your Waves Bundles (the license to use) for a fixed $150- fee regardless of version and current support standing. This latest policy is outright illegal for existing owners who purchased their product prior to this policy change. Agreements AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE must be honored.

The iLOK throws another wrench into this, but that is not the subject I am speaking to right now.

It is "RIGHTS OF OWNERSHIP TRANSFER AT A FIXED FEE! NO OTHER LIMITATIONS WERE IMPOSED AT THE TIME OF SALE!" LEGALLY, WAVES IS OBLIGATED TO SUPPORT THAT POLICY AS IT WAS STATED AT THE TIME OF SALE, PERIOD!

Are you guys being paid by Waves to troll this forum or something?
Are you a legal expert of any kind? Trust me, in court, Waves would pay ALL damages.
ALL AGREEMENTS THAT CHANGE AFTER THE FACT MUST BE AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES!!! This is basic United States law 101 even for foreign owned companies doing business in the USA!

Signing up for your next WUP will probably negate all legal standing on this matter within the WUP agreement. Don't buy a Waves WUP if your rights are about to be destroyed by a simple clause in the agreement! I would love to see a class action against Waves for illegal business practice. There is to much of it going on these days and someone needs to held accountable to change the industry. I suspect iLOK too should be hauled in front of a judge.

Keith... I'm with you on this one, Dude! Real Americans don't simply 'roll over', only wimps do.

And to think, I was looking into the Diamond TDM Bundle.....whew
Old 03-14-2005, 04:36 PM

Put me in the box with other people who think that Waves stuff is overrated.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:59 PM

Quote:

I am a PTLE user upgrading to PTHD

I think this is so funny. Rob Macki tells you the same thing I did (OK, in a different tone of voice... I'll give you that) and now you are all... willing to talk about it?

F*** me. That IS funny. I thought you were going to ignore me. I'm SO confused.

What if I told you my real name was Rob Macki... it is not, of course... well, you better hope it's not.

You ARE a PTLE user aren't you. What does LE stand for, LACKS EXPERIENCE? lightweight enthusiast...? limited education...?

I never missed your point... even as much as you say I have.

RTFM. Read your deal. You bought it and now you don't buy it? It's clear that you are much more confused than willing to admit by doing business in the real world. Of course it's not fair, it's business.

Tha bottom line is as simple as... if you are going to use the Waves stuff, you will live by the rules they impose. All of the rest of this is cr*p of the first order. And I love it. No really, keep whining. I'm p*ssin' myself!

I am sorry for you that the loss of a little cash has gotten you so agitated. When you grow up, you'll realize that these things happen to teach us a lesson. Live and learn. Hey Keith, it's only a couple thousand bucks!!! Get over yourself. Or don't. Who cares?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:11 PM

Quote:

What if I told you my real name was Rob Macki... it is not, of course... well, you better hope it's not.

The Real RobMacki
Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Avid

While you are free to discuss the positives and negatives of our third party partners on this forum, please immediately stop the personal attacks or we will terminate this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

DigiCS
Old 03-14-2005, 07:40 PM

The transfer policy in the original sale agreement should be all you’re responsible for.

What you need to know is if that original agreement gave Waves the right change the transfer policy.

The small print rarely favors the customer.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Hey Keith, it's only a couple thousand bucks!!! Get over yourself. Or don't. Who cares?

Today it's my money, tomorrow it could be yours...cause we all know there are are better plug-ins out there now-(Sony, URS, McDSP,TL,Sonalkis, etc., etc.)

So if you as an individual or your company decides to upgrade to better plug-ins, it's still not fair to loose $315 right off the bat and the whatever your WUP price is if your plug-ins weren't the current V5