Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM

Default Sound Replacer doesn't replace....

Hello,
I am a long time PT user and I upgraded my trusty G4 and 001 to a 8 core Mac Pro and 003 rack. Included in my purchase was the Sound Replace plug which I used to like quite a bit.
I have the authorization on my ilok and it loads just fine but does not process any audio and will not even preview. I have downloaded the plug several times thinking it was maybe corrupted or something, but everything seems fine, it just doesn't work......
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Sound Replacer doesn't replace....

Have you used the plug in updater. SR is on the list that gets updated for 8 (Or maybe even for 8.0.3. I was using it tonight and it works fine in 8.0.4.
Link Here.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM

I don't think that's it, but thanks for the thought. I just upgraded to 8.0.4 and it has a plugin updater included, and I checked the version and its soundreplacer version 8.0 which apparently is the right one. I can't get it to work either on my tower with 003 or laptop (macbook pro w/ mbox2). Weird.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Tiles View Post
I don't think that's it, but thanks for the thought. I just upgraded to 8.0.4 and it has a plugin updater included, and I checked the version and its soundreplacer version 8.0 which apparently is the right one. I can't get it to work either on my tower with 003 or laptop (macbook pro w/ mbox2). Weird.

I finally got it to work but you have to basically keep trying it. If it doesn't render the waveform, you need to undo Command-Z then do it again. It finally works after a few tries. It does suck that it isn't that great of a plug-in anymore. I need to find a better drum replacer plug-in.
Pro Tools 10.3.7 - 11.1.2
6GB RAM
Universal Audio Apollo Quad!!!
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Rockit RP5 Monitors w/ RP10 sub
Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougied View Post
I finally got it to work but you have to basically keep trying it. If it doesn't render the waveform, you need to undo Command-Z then do it again. It finally works after a few tries. It does suck that it isn't that great of a plug-in anymore. I need to find a better drum replacer plug-in.
Nope, no worky.
It loads and looks fine but will not preview or render files. Very frustrating...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 AM

Is 'use in playlist' engaged?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dougfather View Post
Is 'use in playlist' engaged?
yup. engaged. wont even preview. but loads waveform into the window and calculates threshold etc. just doesn't do any of the replacing....
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM

Figured it out....
I was loading SDII files as samples and their no longer supported. AIFF and waves seems to work fine.
Thanks for the replies.
Cheers