Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Default Whoops - downloaded wrong Waves version

I'm reinstalling all my plugins on a new computer - i've made the mistake of installing Waves V7 software instead of V6 and after a few attempts i'm still having some issues with this install. I can't afford to upgrade right now, so V6 has to suffice.

I can find the Waves plugins under hte 'Applications' menu, but where else in the system does Waves save its files?... Looks like I have to delete them off one by one so I can attempt a reinstall
Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 AM

Smile Re: Whoops - downloaded wrong Waves version

hello, i know its a hassle with waves but you have to use the waves uninstaller to delete all plugs.then you need to go to System Hard-Drive>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins and System Hard-Drive>Users>Current User>Library>PreferencesSystem to see if there are any folders or files that are left from waves for example Waves Preferences or WaveShellDAE7.1.dpm or version 6 and put them in the trash.you also have to remove the DAE Prefs folder in System Hard-Drive>Users>Current User>Library>Preferences but dont trash that for now just move it to the desktop.empty trash reinstall your waves maybe do some applejack and start again.after using protools again you can move the
DAE Prefs folder from your desktop to the trash.hope thats helpfull
Old 12-08-2010, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Whoops - downloaded wrong Waves version

Very helpful - hard to locate when spotlight is disabled! Thanks for the info