Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Best Interface to use with Pro Tools 7.1

WOW!!! So you can record more then 18 inputs at once with the lightbridge??????? Please post a screen shot of your I/O config screen in PT M-Powered to confirm this please.The reason I ask is if this is true then i'm buying a lightbridge asap!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 PM

hello guys, thx for all your comments and suggestions........but I'm a beginning.... a friend has let me borrow his Delta 1010LT but I can't get it to work.....I cant' recorded anything.... I have re-installed several times following the instruction to a T but I still cant' record using ProTools software.
I have a Behringer 18 channel mixer with mics running from drum set into correct area... and I have a left/right from Mixer running into Delta 1010LT inputs on the analog inputs....
I can't hear the music thru the mixer headphones/monitor but it doesnt' record anything... I need help guys... thx in advance
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 PM

Download the latest drivers for your Delta 1010.Go to your I/O settings and make sure the Delta is showing.Make the correct input assignment for the track that your recording on and then hit record.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
WOW!!! So you can record more then 18 inputs at once with the lightbridge??????? Please post a screen shot of your I/O config screen in PT M-Powered to confirm this please.The reason I ask is if this is true then i'm buying a lightbridge asap!
I guess this answers my question and then some.

Lightbridge I/O screenshot
Old 04-03-2007, 11:39 PM

I have a Behringer 18 channel mixer with mics running from drum set into correct area... and I have a left/right from Mixer running into Delta 1010LT inputs on the analog inputs

First, make sure you have the latest drivers from M-Audio's website for the Delta 1010 LT.

Does this board have any output "Busses" or is it a simple stereo mixer. If you are going to be multi-tracking drums, you are going to need a mixer with 8 or more busses, which will fit well with your Delta 1010 LT card. You want to patch the "buss" outputs of the mixer to 8 Delta 1010 LT RCA inputs. So buss 1 from the board would go to input 1 of the card, buss 2 of the board goes to input 2, etc... If you have "busses" on that Behringer board, there is no real good reason at all to patch the mix outputs of the board into the Delta 1010 LT inputs, except for trying to pick up 2 more outputs. So if you had an 8 buss mixing board, you could make it a 10 buss board by using L&R mix outputs. You could use the Left Output of the board as an additional buss and the Right Output as another additional buss. Take outputs 1&2 of your Delta card and run them directly into your amplifier. You almost always want to monitor through Pro Tools.

So, your mics will enter your board, get amplified, and then routed to the busses, which are feeding the inputs of your Delta. You can use outputs 3&4, 5&y6, 7&8, as outputs that will feed headphone amplifiers.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Default More than 18 LE inputs?

Quote:
Quote:

REALLY??? Wow, lots of people might like to know more about this setup. Any links or other info? Is it stable? Thanx.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 04-04-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: More than 18 LE inputs?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

REALLY??? Wow, lots of people might like to know more about this setup. Any links or other info? Is it stable? Thanx.
Search Gearslutz forum..........it's all over there.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:56 AM

Default Re: More than 18 LE inputs?

gear slutz has no specifics on this matter

theres like one thread that does say somthing about it working with protools 7.1cs 1 or 2 but no one says nothig about wich one really works and how stable is it...

i would love to have some one with this set up say (working) to answer some questions
Old 05-18-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

That looks promising, but it appears to be a screen shot of the outputs...