Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2024, 11:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: iLok Cloud always being stolen by other computer

Hi Guy,

You're not in Sonoma 14.4 right? But please keep me posted if you encounter any issue.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-11-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi Guy,

You're not in Sonoma 14.4 right? But please keep me posted if you encounter any issue.
No I'm Ventura 13.5 - will do, cheers

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-11-2024, 12:15 PM

Nope, Intro is back.

It's very weird. I opened and closed PT on the PC, restarted the PC, opened iLok on the Mac, all fine. I opened iLok manager on the PC, cloud session was closed, closed the app, Opened iLok manager on the Mac, all still fine.

I hour later I closed the PC after doing other chores, opened on the Mac and the PC had stolen the Cloud session.

Help!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-12-2024, 08:34 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Nope, Intro is back.

It's very weird. I opened and closed PT on the PC, restarted the PC, opened iLok on the Mac, all fine. I opened iLok manager on the PC, cloud session was closed, closed the app, Opened iLok manager on the Mac, all still fine.

I hour later I closed the PC after doing other chores, opened on the Mac and the PC had stolen the Cloud session.

Help!
Does your PC never get disconnected from the internet? iLok cloud requires internet connection and that's the reason that I can think of why your Pro Tools Studio is not being authorized even though you have it activated on iLok cloud.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-12-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Nope, Intro is back.

Help!
In iLok manager (on both systems), go to preferences > General and enable "show all hidden dialogs"
There might have been a prompt that will tell you what is happening but you dismissed it earlier so you don't see it any more.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:52 AM
Avid

Hi Guy - Yes that's how it should be. It kinda like saved the last session where you authorize your software using iLok cloud. I'll check this with iLok as well to see if they have any insight of what is happening.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:06 AM
Avid

Hi Guy - I just remember this workaround which I hope will work on your issue. Please try this on your PC which steals the iLok cloud authorization.

• Open iLok license manager
  • Click on File
  • Go to Preferences
  • Click on Accounts
  • Click the "Clear" button on the right to remove the auto-sign in on your PC
  • Click Apply and then OK
Old 03-13-2024, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi Guy - I just remember this workaround which I hope will work on your issue.[/LIST]
So far so good, thanks - obviously it's less than ideal but an improvement on how things are currently.

It almost feels to me as if there is a background process on the PC which is somehow opening an iCloud session after a period of time. I know that sounds nuts, but its the only thing I can think of that fits the behaviour.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-13-2024, 06:55 AM

Quote:
So far so good, thanks.
Alas, back to square one - just launched PT on the MB and it's Intro again.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-13-2024, 07:10 AM
Avid

Hi Guy,

I created 04771628 and set you an email as well.