Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Question So totally tonfused ??? In PT10 hear the audio but strangely there is no audio track

Hi to all!! This is a last resort post, coz I am stumped!!!...

I'm currently mixing some rap/hip hop its going well except for one song, and basically to cut to the chase I am hearing the vocal track, getting the full signal but for some really strange reason the physical audio track is missing.

I saved the session the day before , opened it up and voila no audio track. On playback all is fine, all processing and plugins are all there but as I say, the track is gone. I know I can simply redo it all but this cant be left not being figured out. Would hate for anyone to have this issue...

Any assistance would be appreciated immensly and thank you in advance
Old 09-01-2012, 08:31 PM

Default Re: So totally tonfused ??? In PT10 hear the audio but strangely there is no audio tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetasker View Post
Hi to all!! This is a last resort post, coz I am stumped!!!...

I'm currently mixing some rap/hip hop its going well except for one song, and basically to cut to the chase I am hearing the vocal track, getting the full signal but for some really strange reason the physical audio track is missing.

I saved the session the day before , opened it up and voila no audio track. On playback all is fine, all processing and plugins are all there but as I say, the track is gone. I know I can simply redo it all but this cant be left not being figured out. Would hate for anyone to have this issue...

Any assistance would be appreciated immensly and thank you in advance
Define "missing"? Not showing up in the Edit and Mix window? Not showing up in the Tracks show/hide list? Something else?

Has the track been scrolled outside of the Edit and/or Mix window?

Has the track been hidden? -- Go to Help > Pro Tools help and type "hide track" into the search field.

Fixed?

Darryl
Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 AM

Default Re: So totally tonfused ??? In PT10 hear the audio but strangely there is no audio tr

Rebuild waveforms? Sometimes if you move files from one location to another, PT needs to re-reference the waveform picture. I'm guessing that's the problem you're referring to.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 PM

I'm having the same problem with a session.
I can't make active & show a few tracks in the edit window. I can see them in the mix window. I can't see them in the edit window. I can hear them fine.
I've checked that they're not scrolled out of view but that's not it.
Other tracks can show/hide as normal but these just won't show in my edit window.

PT10.3.3
OSX 10.8.3
iMac 27" 3.1GHz i5
12GB RAM
Sessions run from 6TB RAID via Thunderbolt

OS 10.6.8
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
14GB 1066 MHz DDR3
8TB Onnto RAID
Pro Tools 10.3 / 003 (via StarTech PEX1394B3 Firewire Card)