How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2020, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Avid Removes Perpetual License from ILok

I've gone through this 2 weeks ago.
Took me a week with the support to get my License back.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang Eller View Post
I've gone through this 2 weeks ago.
Took me a week with the support to get my License back.
I also went through this 2 weeks ago. This time is worse. At this point I have no idea why I'm paying for support. I'm waiting until Big Sur is officially supported then I'm locking my system down. This is ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:26 PM

Mine was also remotely removed without warning, although a temporary (and working) license was deposited in it's place. Happened after I opened a support case.

My perpetual license had an incorrect "Release Date" so it wouldn't authorize any versions past July 2020 even though I had an active Update and Support plan. Support got it worked out while I was running on the temp license. Did take about a week but that could have been because of the holiday.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:47 PM

I had this issue a few months back, and was triggered by installing SourceNexus and it's accompanying iLok demo auth. Went crazy trying to solve it, and all 3 parties (Avid, Source-Elements, and Pace) threw up their hands... After a couple days it magically reappeared on my iLok. Nobody officially confessed to what the issue was, and I'm still convinced that some kind of glitch occurred from installing the Source Nexus demo auth onto my iLok...
Old 12-03-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixchump View Post
I had this issue a few months back, and was triggered by installing SourceNexus and it's accompanying iLok demo auth. Went crazy trying to solve it, and all 3 parties (Avid, Source-Elements, and Pace) threw up their hands... After a couple days it magically reappeared on my iLok. Nobody officially confessed to what the issue was, and I'm still convinced that some kind of glitch occurred from installing the Source Nexus demo auth onto my iLok...
Glad to report this isn't always the case ... in November I had the demos for both Source Nexus Basic & Pro on the iLok and then purchased SN Pro from a reseller. At no point did any of my licenses disappear or do anything wacky.

This is really no good though...this has to solved. I had enough issues when i was on subscription with the license needing to be refreshed or not working etc...haven't had any issues with the perpetual license yet, touch wood!!