Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Dev > Pro Tools Scripting SDK Toolkit
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2022, 05:23 PM

Default Re: "Invalid signature" response when authorising connection from C++ SDK

Can confirm, that's working for me on macOS 10.15 now. Seems that each command and the subsequent params must be on a single line, with every command separated by a newline character. So I'm getting output like:

andrewmoore@Andrews-MBP Release % ./ptslcmd -file ~/Desktop/command.txt
AuthorizeConnection Response:
is authorized: 1
GetPTSLVersion Response:
PTSL Host version: 1
GetSessionPath Response:
session path: Macintosh HD:Users:andrewmooreocuments:PTSL_ImportTest:PTS L_ImportTest.ptx
session path is online: No
GetSessionName Response:
session name: PTSL_ImportTest
[==========] Running 1 test from 1 test suite.
[----------] Global test environment set-up.
[----------] 1 test from Client
[ RUN ] Client.Result
[ OK ] Client.Result (0 ms)
[----------] 1 test from Client (0 ms total)

[----------] Global test environment tear-down
[==========] 1 test from 1 test suite ran. (0 ms total)
[ PASSED ] 1 test.

Aside from how impractical it is to write your commands to a file on disk in order to be able to do anything, the results are pretty unusable anyway, so I don't quite understand what the expectation is here when it comes to actually doing anything meaningful with it.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:26 PM

Default Re: "Invalid signature" response when authorising connection from C++ SDK

Wow. Good sleuthing! Would be good to have the docs improved for sure!
Old 12-29-2022, 06:32 PM

Ummm. Is the session path returning in OS 9 format?!? Sheesh! I haven’t seen a : in a path for 16 years!
Old 12-29-2022, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeesm View Post
Ummm. Is the session path returning in OS 9 format?!? Sheesh! I haven’t seen a : in a path for 16 years!
Ha! Why were you using OS 9 that late
Old 12-30-2022, 09:52 AM
Avid

Hi all - to clarify, ptslcmd is an example application only. Its command line interface is intended as a way to test out interactions with Pro Tools via the scripting APIs, not as a production application.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:24 AM

Should it not then, both in the docs and the built in help specify to use a -file to issue test commands, and forgo the other "usage".

Sorry for sounding harsh, but this wasn't put out as a developer preview, and yet I feel that's what we're all wasting time doing...
Old 12-30-2022, 12:39 PM
Avid

If you wish to build an application that interacts with Pro Tools then you can use ptslcmd as an example of how to implement your own application to interact with the PTSL SDK.

We will definitely clarify the usage and purpose of the ptslcmd application in the next revision. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 12-30-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeesm View Post
Only 16 years? it brings back memories of shuffling floppies from a development Lisa to a Mac. OK Avid where is the Pascal API

But seriously I'm following along here as I think this is a very nice move by Avid. (and it was me who shot off his mouth recently about Avid not being open/having open APIs... this is a nice kind of "open" and especially with support from Avid to developers to get things kick started).
Old 03-27-2023, 03:48 PM
Avid

Starting with the Pro Tools Scripting SDK 2023.3, PTSL now uses POSIX style file paths on macOS.