Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2000, 01:56 PM

Default Another happy Mac user

Ok, I went for a Mac. I installed PT within minutes, and everything seems to working just dandy. I do have a question, though. My G4 (400Mhz) came with 64 MB RAM, so I bought another 64 and a 128 MB module. I installed both 64's next to each other and then the 128...with the 64's towards the "middle of the computer."

Here's the real question: Will the order in which I install the modules (if that's what they're called) affect performance?

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I love you all. Peace.

Juergen
Old 07-08-2000, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Another happy Mac user

Don't think so.

See the last sentence on: http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n58426

Old 07-08-2000, 11:16 PM

thanks! I am having a problem with my dvd-rom player, though...it won't play music cd's. I've tried Apple DVD player and the cd player thing. The only time I've been abler to get it to read what's on a music cd was by going into Quicktime Player, and choosing Open movie and then selecting a track, and it woul play it for me.
That isn't all that great though...

I've also not been able to Import Audio Tracks into PTLE from a cd...does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!

Juergen
Old 07-09-2000, 02:25 AM

'Ive also not been able to Import Audio Tracks into PTLE from a cd"

Movie Menu > Import Movie > convert > Options (select segment of track with functions) save to same "Audio Files folder of the session.

2 ezy

"I am having a problem with my dvd-rom player, though...it won't play music cd's. I've tried Apple DVD player and the cd player thing"
www.versiontracker.com search ofr DVD Player...find the updated Apple DVD player, D/l an run.

TaRG¯N
Old 07-09-2000, 09:33 PM

Thanks Targon! I tried importing an audio track into PT and it works perfectly. Where is my mind when it needs to remember the manual...

I couldn't get the cd player working, though...it reads the disc, but it won't play it. It's almost as if it doesn't spin while the "Apple DVD Player" or Apple CD Player is running. In fact, Apple DVD player says "Apple DVD Player has stopped because it's having problems playing the disc. The disc may be dirty or scratched, or the disc manuafacturer may have encoded the disc incorrectly." Any ideas? Thanks!

Juergen
Old 07-10-2000, 04:05 PM

Is the cd in your drive a cdr or commercially duplicated cd? I know that a lot of DVD players in general don't like cdr's.
Old 07-10-2000, 08:13 PM

Yeah, they were commercal cd's...Stereolab and some others...I can't figure it out...I've downloaded the software upgrade for Apple DVD Player (which is the same thing what my computer already had), I even tried the one offf my Apple Software cd that comes with the computer, and Nada. I don't know...

Juergen