Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Default Could not complete the import tracks command because basic_string::at

a search is turning up nothing at all on this, so here goes.

Starting a feature so I'm getting AAFs out of his Premiere project. He has it in a bunch of reels (11!) and sent them each separately. Reels 2-11 imported perfectly, reel 1 is giving the error
Could not complete the import tracks command because basic_string::at
every time.

I've had him strip automation, remove fades, remove effects, etc, to no avail. He even just made me an AAF per track and those are still throwing the error. Which seems to indicate something outside of a file problem, since 2 of the tracks are only a few music clips (according to him).

This guy is a novice to say the least, what can I suggest to try and trouble shoot this? I don't know Premiere much at all...

thanks for any thoughts!
Atmos 7.1.2
hugmonstersound.com / unheardof.world
Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM

Question Re: Could not complete the import tracks command because basic_string::at

Quote:
Originally Posted by viaspiaggia View Post
what can I suggest to try and trouble shoot this?
In the days of yore, when we worked with OMFs, Pro Tools would have a fit if there were mixed bit depths or mixed sample rates (or both). Is this person certain that everything is the same bit depth and sample rate?
Old 04-28-2015, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the import tracks command because basic_string::at

Have him try OMF. Embedded and referenced OMF's work in Premiere now. Just to see if it makes a difference.

Have him check for any effects or transitions that are suspect. In fact I'd remove any and try again. Ensure all the media is online, and that it is the same format and no lingering MP3's or such. Mixed bit rates should not be a problem.

When you say he's trying one track at a time, is he just selecting one track or actually duplicating the sequence and deleting every track but one? That is the way to do it if it comes down to one at a time.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Could not complete the import tracks command because basic_string::at

Also if he's got the whole Adobe suite, he can "Send to Audition", open it up in Audition then export from there. Usually straightens things up.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:00 PM

+1 re a clip at wrong SR or a corrupted clip. If the export doesn't work in AAF it isn't likely to work in OMF either.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:18 PM

Thanks all

He did a render and replace with the audio and then exported, but still no love. Wouldn't that fix any sample rate or corrupt audio issues?

Going to have him try the OMF and the Audition route.
Atmos 7.1.2
hugmonstersound.com / unheardof.world
Old 04-30-2015, 06:05 AM

Hi Adam,

Have you tried opening PT10 and PT11? They are different and neither has proven reliable here. We've regularly opened omf and aaf files on both and sometimes on MC as well, in an effort to get the audio we're supposed to have.

Last edited by Postman; 04-30-2015 at 06:06 AM. Reason: edit: this is a primary reason I won't install PT12 yet