Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 01:08 AM

Default Sync problems digitizing picture

Set up

Aurora Igniter capture card,
Pt Mix3
Digi 13 slot Expansion chassis
Protools 5.1.1
USD and Aardsync
OS 9.1 on a Mac G4 500

I have the following problem. When importing a movie, digitized through the Igniter card, into protools, the picture's burnt timecode on the movie screen, goes off with the Protools timeline after around 6 minutes.

I've digitized the picture using Final Cut Pro, which goes well. No drop outs or anything. And I believe all my settings are correct. However, there's no timecode being send into the Mac when digitizing.
I'm relatively new to this procedure, but it's driving me insane and I can't find a solution.
Frames rates are set to 29.97 ND in both FCP and Protools. I'm I forgetting something?
Anyone have any suggestions, or settings I should look at?
Old 09-10-2001, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Sync problems digitizing picture

quote:
Originally posted by Brave Noise:

Frames rates are set to 29.97 ND in both FCP and Protools. I'm I forgetting something?
Anyone have any suggestions, or settings I should look at?

BN:
Check your timebase setting in FCP and see if it is 29.97 as well. Also, are you clicking the pulldown button in PT or not? If so, then picture is being pulled down again (double pd is a no no of course). You might mention which is getting progressively longer PT counter or burn-in (points to who is running slower). Good luck,
-Polaris

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: Polaris ]
Old 09-11-2001, 12:50 AM

Thanks Polaris for the response,

The picture is running faster than protools.
Pull down is not checked. I'll try the setting in FCP, but I think I set everything in FCP to be 29.97 ND. Somebody from Aurora told me that this is a common issue and that the capture disk might be to fast!?!? Apparently there is a setting for that, I'll have to check.
Old 09-11-2001, 11:19 AM

Could it just be that something in the chain isn't being referenced to video -- like either Pro Tools or Final Cut or the video deck from which your footage was originally taken?
Pro Tools 9.0