Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 06:03 AM

Default Re: OT...what is \"Good Life\" ?

He's Spiderman.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:06 AM

Quote:
watching my two young daughters swimming in a local river today, we kinda looked around and said, "THIS is what it's all about."
Having my own 12 year old I know exactly what you mean. But - just a suggestion - shouldn't you be in there with them?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:04 AM

Hey Nippamuk ,

I love TO...!
I did move my studio out of town, just very recently though. I have received renewed interest from some of my lost clients, and there is some buzz happening. The real prove will be in a few months from now, seeing actual bookings...

Quote:
See ya at the Islands Folk Festival this week-end?...

Love to, but my jet is in the shop. BUT...if you happen to run into a dude named Oliver Schroer, please say Hi from me . He is a really good friend and was one of my best clients, until his move to ...Vancouver.
Hard to miss him, very tall with a mohawk do, and plays the fiddle like you've never heard...

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 07-20-2004, 03:09 PM

Quote:
He's Spiderman.
Karel.....shuuuuushhhhhh! Don't tell everyone.......

--joe

(Truth is I am a paramedic, but sometimes I feel like a prostitute after a shift. )
Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 PM

Are they expensive in Tusacaloosa?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:34 PM

Ok beware a long post, this really strikes me. I don't wanna bog down the direction this thread is taking, or make it sound too heavy but this triggered my deeper thoughts.

My fantasies:

Working on a piece of music together, face to face with a good friend, stimulating eachother to keep on practising our instrument and learning musical theory. Yes, music is definitely a condition for happiness to me. I don't care too much if I break through to the top and sell millions, but at least I wanna be heard of.

Good friends to share interests, play Risk or so and have nice evenings together, mostly I wanna undertake some prestiguous action like creating something. Setting up some activities serving other ones' interests, i.e. a website, filesharing for online collaboration (not necessarily for my own projects), organising jamsessions, such things.

I live on a benefit from the government and something I always envy 'bout working people is their involvement as a part in a bigger thing. Yet I know most of these people don't have much time for themselves and I am in the rare position that I can work on my dreams as much time as I want. No institution after me saying "Go to work, you lazy ....".

This may seem a little too serious, don't wanna make it look as if you're into some serious crisis or so, but this I've gotta say: Some moments I am not at all bothered with resistance against other people, or friction and such. Those times I can walk over the street and love everyone who meets my eyes. Yes that sounds rare but it happens. Looking inside myselve I then feel only joy and love, but often this mood gets covered by clouds of being alone and having no money to go to a pub and meet friends.

Quote:
Happiness is a choice
Yes I truely believe that, but it's [bleep] hard to get to the inner level where you can feel you have any control over this emotion. Done a lot of meditation, healing (singing bowls & didgeridoos, rain sticks and some shamane resetting the aura) as well as bio-energetical excercizes (have you heard of the Tibetan Rites? Very strong, takes some discipline to do the excercizes every morning though). Living a life is a matter of constantly investing in yourself, my way to do that were these spiritual things. Regression and reïncarnation therapy (yes I know this is heavy stuff but believe me I had the most supernatural experiences. Apart from that it brought me to that 'loving mood' that comes back every now and then). For somebody else investing in him/herself may imply totally other activities like sporting on a regular basis (gotta love the dopamine), but in however form it's an irrevocable neccissity. Life gives enough f*ck offs to get totally sucked down and the inner battery must be filled time to time. Cannot always rely on other people to get 'charged', I believe there is also something like that inner fountain that can be brought to sprinkle.

Nice theory, this is my true believe but in daily practise one gets easily pulled of the road. This inner fountain (bit dramaticaly stated, like some new age word) is always available however, even when everything seems to bog you down. Growing as a person however imo is to more and more live this source and not be distracted by all the outer conditions. The paradox is however that you need a roof over your head and not only your daily bread but also something to put on it.

"When the rain comes, they run and hide their head
they might as well be dead.
When the rain comes.

Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines
it's just a state of mind.
Can you hear me?

I can show you, that when it starts to rain
still everything's the same.
I can show you".

(The Beatles, Rain).

Man do I love to get philosophical. But seriously, good thread man, really. Guess it's not bad after all (as if your question even suggests such). Love to get back on my self-imposed HTML course tomorrow. Also practising my guitar excercises really brings me in a good mood. I can get totally in a kind of trance when blocking myself for outer distractions and follow the metronome with my left & right hand, tapping the measure with my foot. Like some meditation. Guess doing what you like to do and do it good is "Good Life".

Cheers,

Walther

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
watching my two young daughters swimming in a local river today, we kinda looked around and said, "THIS is what it's all about."
Having my own 12 year old I know exactly what you mean. But - just a suggestion - shouldn't you be in there with them?
Good point Karel; I should have, and usually, I am, but that day I'd just come and met them and their mother after work. Besides, that particular river is a bit cold, and I'm a wimp. And it's very small, it only comes up to my waist at that point.

Say, who was it that had a great tag line at the end of their posts, must be a couple years ago now, that said, "If you're going to laugh about it later, you may as well laugh about it now." I just love that.

Andrew, I'll keep my eyes and ears out for your fiddle player friend.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Are they expensive in Tusacaloosa?
Prostitutes, yes, paramedics, not so much......

--joe