Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2024, 01:10 AM

Default Carbon Upgrade and Support contract Q

My lovely Carbon is nearly a year old. I’ve just logged in to my Avid account and there’s a banner at the top of the page telling me:

Quote:
Upgrade and Support contract is ending soon
Pro Tools | Carbon
I wasn’t aware I had such a contract! If I click the accompanying “update” link, I’m simply taken to the “My Products” page. Then if I click on Carbon, nothing except
Quote:
Extended Hardware Coverage Not Included, Return-to-Factory repair only
Confused! …But I’d quite like Extended Hardware Coverage. How do I get that? Can’t find anything on the avid site.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: Carbon Upgrade and Support contract Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
My lovely Carbon is nearly a year old. I’ve just logged in to my Avid account and there’s a banner at the top of the page telling me:

I wasn’t aware I had such a contract! If I click the accompanying “update” link, I’m simply taken to the “My Products” page. Then if I click on Carbon, nothing except

Confused! …But I’d quite like Extended Hardware Coverage. How do I get that? Can’t find anything on the avid site.
Hi Marsdy,

Carbon and Carbon Pre include a 1-year limited hardware warranty. During the warranty term if your interface needs service you can ship it to Avid for repair with an estimated 4-6 week turnaround. Users should consider purchasing a Pro Tools | Carbon or Carbon Pre 3-Year Extended Hardware Support contract ($399) which includes zero-downtime advance replacement of your Carbon unit. It is available to all Carbon or Carbon Pre users within 90 days of activation so that you won’t miss a beat. Purchase directly from your MyAvid account or from your preferred reseller.

I need to check on the above statement from the FAQ to see why you are not seeing this. Let me get a case going and have the web team assist or Charles tomorrow when he is back in the office.

Case # 04769824

Thanks
Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 03-10-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Hi Marsdy,

Carbon and Carbon Pre include a 1-year limited hardware warranty. During the warranty term if your interface needs service you can ship it to Avid for repair with an estimated 4-6 week turnaround. Users should consider purchasing a Pro Tools | Carbon or Carbon Pre 3-Year Extended Hardware Support contract ($399) which includes zero-downtime advance replacement of your Carbon unit. It is available to all Carbon or Carbon Pre users within 90 days of activation so that you won’t miss a beat. Purchase directly from your MyAvid account or from your preferred reseller.

I need to check on the above statement from the FAQ to see why you are not seeing this. Let me get a case going and have the web team assist or Charles tomorrow when he is back in the office.

Case # 04769824

Thanks
Marianna
Hi Marianna
Thanks for that.

I don’t remember ever seeing the option to buy a 3-Year Extended Hardware Support contract. I’m guessing it’s too late now as my Carbon it’s nearly a year old, well after the 90 days?
Old 03-11-2024, 12:22 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Hi Marianna
Thanks for that.

I don’t remember ever seeing the option to buy a 3-Year Extended Hardware Support contract. I’m guessing it’s too late now as my Carbon it’s nearly a year old, well after the 90 days?
Hi Dave,

The policy was to allow for a 90 day purchase window after activation for an extended hardware contract. There were emails, reminders, and countdowns in a carbon users myavid account...

Let me get a case started and let the web team advise this one.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com