Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM

Default PTLE 8 and OSX 10.5.8? Snow Leopard?

Hi All,

Is PTLE 8 qualified with OS 10.5.8?
How about Snow Leopard?

Thanks,
D.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 AM

Default Re: PTLE 8 and OSX 10.5.8? Snow Leopard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord of the Undertone View Post
Hi All,
Howdy.

Quote:
Is PTLE 8 qualified with OS 10.5.8?
yes. http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...10#post1441210

Quote:
How about Snow Leopard?
no, not yet.

Quote:
Thanks,
D.
you're welcome,
B

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 08-25-2009, 08:08 AM

Hi,

When will we about to know if pt confirmed snow leopad? It looks enhanced very much.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM

We won't know anything until Digi is ready to ship the update. In fact I believe they aren't allowed to talk about it other than saying "we're working on it".

It'll be front page of their website once it's ready though, or sign up for their newsletter to be notified.

As far as an actual date, no one knows. Could be next month, could be much longer if they're doing a total 64bit re-write.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossH View Post
We won't know anything until Digi is ready to ship the update. In fact I believe they aren't allowed to talk about it other than saying "we're working on it".

It'll be front page of their website once it's ready though, or sign up for their newsletter to be notified.

As far as an actual date, no one knows. Could be next month, could be much longer if they're doing a total 64bit re-write.
They won't be rewriting code anytime soon...They have stated it doesn't benefit audio. This will be a patch release, so it should be pretty fast.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 PM

Good God this is all sounding way too familiar to the situation a couple of years ago when I bought a new Apple, and Pro Tools wouldn't even work on it for about 3-4 months at ALL.
Snow leopard will certainly gum up PT 8 for how long . . . another 3-4 months ?? Question: Why in the world has Ableton Live been 64bit ready for 2 years !!! Hmmm . . . perhaps because that is the future of computer / music production ??
All I can say is if once again, Pro Tools won't work on my Apple for another 3 months -- I'm done. Between Live8, record, and Logic, UA, MOTU, tc electronics, and Focusrite I have more than enough options to route audio into my system and create music. How many customers can Digi Design lose before it figures out it has been de-throned as the "standard for music production" ?
It truly is my hope this doesn't happen, because I really like Pro Tools and all it's recent incarnations. However, I am no longer willing to wait for a company that continuously pats itself on the back while not keeping their eye on the future of "professional", "pro-sumer", and "consumer" production software, hardware or other company's platforms that are required to run their products ( well, in native that is )
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM

While I agree that their track record has been historically spotty on updates, I have to admit that lately they have been qualifying OS updates pretty quickly. I don't think this will take to long, at least I hope it doesn't.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboisfo View Post
Good God this is all sounding way too familiar to the situation a couple of years ago when I bought a new Apple, and Pro Tools wouldn't even work on it for about 3-4 months at ALL.
Snow leopard will certainly gum up PT 8 for how long . . . another 3-4 months ?? Question: Why in the world has Ableton Live been 64bit ready for 2 years !!! Hmmm . . . perhaps because that is the future of computer / music production ??
All I can say is if once again, Pro Tools won't work on my Apple for another 3 months -- I'm done. Between Live8, record, and Logic, UA, MOTU, tc electronics, and Focusrite I have more than enough options to route audio into my system and create music. How many customers can Digi Design lose before it figures out it has been de-throned as the "standard for music production" ?
It truly is my hope this doesn't happen, because I really like Pro Tools and all it's recent incarnations. However, I am no longer willing to wait for a company that continuously pats itself on the back while not keeping their eye on the future of "professional", "pro-sumer", and "consumer" production software, hardware or other company's platforms that are required to run their products ( well, in native that is )
IMO the only people that really have a good reason to complain are the ones who NEED to buy a new computer after the point where Apple starts selling only Macs with the new OS.

If your Mac is OK and you depend on ProTools working for your lively-hood (or your sanity) then updating your OS should be a low priority until Digi says go (and several other people take the plunge)...

Everyone else is, to steal a line I used in another post, like children in the back seat:

"Are we there yet? How much longer?"
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
IMO the only people that really have a good reason to complain are the ones who NEED to buy a new computer after the point where Apple starts selling only Macs with the new OS.

If your Mac is OK and you depend on ProTools working for your lively-hood (or your sanity) then updating your OS should be a low priority until Digi says go (and several other people take the plunge)...

Everyone else is, to steal a line I used in another post, like children in the back seat:

"Are we there yet? How much longer?"
Well said.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 08-28-2009, 09:53 AM

Will this be a free patch? I just paid for the PT8 update.