Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2016, 05:00 PM

Default OMF Parsing Errors/missing audio: PT10 / Adobe Premiere

Never encountered this problem before.

Am using PT HD 10.3.6, picture is edited in Adobe Premiere 2015.1.

After multiple attempts at OMF export, I continue having an "OMF Parsing Errors Occurred" when opening in Pro Tools.

The effect seems to be that I am missing clips of audio in seemingly random locations.

We've tried encapsulated, keeping the audio format as .aif, referenced, basically everything.

Has anybody here dealt with a similar problem and found a solution?

We also tried AAF, but encountered the problem with every clip being named the same as whatever the first item in the timeline was (title_card.jpeg, etc).

Unsure if they've been using the Soundbooth/Audition method of saving out - it might not be in an option in their case, depending on whether or not they have it.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:16 AM

Default Re: OMF Parsing Errors/missing audio: PT10 / Adobe Premiere

With PT10 and 11, we had problems with many, many aaf's from media composer, where random clips were missing. omf's were also unreliable. Unfortunately we never found the cause or reliable solution except to ask for new aaf's that contained ONLY the bits that we determined we needed. Most of the time, we'd get what we needed. Once or twice we had to ask for an audio file to sync by hand.

I wish I could help further. For us, the problems cleared up by the next season, same players and same workflow on the editing side but we'd moved to PT12 by then.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 AM

Do you know if they are adjusting the speed of clips in Premiere? We've have problems in the past with video editors slowing down/speeding up clips and then not receiving them in the OMF.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:23 PM

Just this week, I got an export from Premiere and had to try and relink to the ISO-tracks.
The OMF files (although non-embedded) had the Metadata overwritten; the AAF's did relink, but were grossly out of sync.
But funnily enough, the EDL's from Premiere were correct. I dug out old Titan, and everything is fine.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:00 PM

PT 12 has been better on Premiere AAF and omf than PT10 was for me (never had PT11 here), but there are still many mysteries, mostly about repeating clips, missing clips, clips out of position etc etc.. I always think that some of these problems are down to Premiere "hygiene" in some way, esp re how things were originally ingested and named. In most (but not all) of these cases other apps and utilities have had the same issues the PT12 did, small comfort....
Old 10-16-2016, 08:08 PM

I always send the following to Premiere editors, to help with current and future sessions:

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/580440d2...ep%20specs.pdf

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits
Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM

Nice tips in the pdf. Now where is my bow and arrow?
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 PM

Try exporting tracks 1-4, 2-5, etc as separate OMF files and import them into Audition. Export OMF from Audition. Import to ProTools...that should work. Don't know why but when we broke out the OMF files to smaller groups of tracks it worked. It's annoying but it worked.