Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Avid

Default Re: delete rendered files elastic audio BUG!!!

Quote:
will there be a fix for 7.4?
I can't comment on that, as the investigation for what's causing the problem has not been completed yet. Until that happens, we don't know how invasive the fix will be. I'm assuming the fix will be implemented in 7.4, but assuming anything at this point would be premature.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 AM

any final info an this digi?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Avid

Final info? No - the investigation of this issue is still in progress and has not had much action due to the time being spent on Pro Tools 8.

Is there a reason you can't skip that last consolidate before closing and reopening the session, which should auto-delete the render files?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:18 AM

ok protools 8 is out

and i still dont have a fix for this BUG!!!

please digi if you are not going to fix this issue you should give us all 7.4 users a free upgrade to protools 8 to have a fully functional system...
Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 AM

bump
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Avid

Carlos - maybe I need to be a little more explicit about the timeline we're talking about here.

No real work on this could be done during the time that Pro Tools 8 was in development - so, while some investigative work is being done by our testing department, there were no engineering resources to address this for Pro Tools 8.

Now that PT8 is out the door, we'll have engineering look at this as soon as possible. First they'll need to determine what mechanism is creating the problem, then determine the best solution, then code it, then test it. Other fixes will likely go in the release and implementing those may impact the timeline of this fix. Realistically speaking, we're looking at a couple months at the earliest.

Again, is there a reason that you can't skip the consolidate step, which is what's causing the 'link breakage' that allows Pro Tools to keep track of which files it needs to delete when closing, as a workaround until we can implement a fix?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:07 PM

The step that is leaving the rendered file is deleting the unused regions from the region bin. Close the session first before doing this and everything should be clean.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:59 AM

i have skipped the consolidate that you say is what makes this bug happen and still i get the same error (i am still using protools 7.4) and you should be fixing errors on your current system (when i told you guys this existed was more than a month before protool 8 got out) so...

please are you going to fix this for protools 7.4 or are you going to give us 7.4 users a free upgrade to protools 8 ?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos santana View Post
i have skipped the consolidate that you say is what makes this bug happen and still i get the same error (i am still using protools 7.4) and you should be fixing errors on your current system (when i told you guys this existed was more than a month before protool 8 got out) so...

please are you going to fix this for protools 7.4 or are you going to give us 7.4 users a free upgrade to protools 8 ?
My mistake about the step that's causing the problem - see Sinukus' previous post, as it's the deleting of unused regions that's the problem. Skip that step, as indicated, and it should work as normal.

As for whether this will get fixed in 7.4 yet - we can't say. We haven't determined the course of action, nor do we even know how the fix will affect anything, so whether it's fixed in 7.4 or 8.0 is still unclear. Until that happens, there's not much else that can be done other than to skip the deletion of unused files, as is being pointed out. 8.0 still exhibits this problem, so an upgrade won't help you.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 AM

you can just delete the rendered files folder ... if there were any regions still being used pro tools will ask if you want to regenerate them, same as fade files.