Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 AM

Default Using Tab or L / Comma Skips Nearby Edits

I am using Pro Tools 7.3.1 but perhaps this is common to several versions of Pro Tools. I have recently noticed that if I use the tab or comma key to jump to the next edit, Pro Tools will skip over some edits that are close enough to the initial cursor location. It seems to happen when my cursor is at the end of a region and there is a gap of ~1/2 frame to the start of the next region. Instead of tab taking me to the start of the next region as I would expect, it takes me all the way to the end of the next region (or the next fade point or whatever).

This also happens moving the other direction; if I am using the L key to reverse through edit points and get to the start of a region, the next stroke of the L key will skip backward past the end of the preceding region and all the way to the start of the preceding region if the gap between regions is less than a frame or so.

This is not the behavior I expect since it is not how the keyboard commands normally work. Is there a way to turn this off so that tab, L, and comma behave the same way regardless of gap length between regions? Has anyone else noticed this issue?

The reason I want to be able to do this is to highlight a gap between regions, move down (with semicolon) to a lower track, copy some audio, move back up and paste it into the gap, for example to fill small holes quickly using the keyboard.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Using Tab or L / Comma Skips Nearby Edits

I have a dim memory of this bug being fixed somewhere between PT7 and PT8. Check the PDF documenting changes. Possibly a cs update to PT7.x