Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2022, 10:39 AM

Default Re: ARA2 Melodyne support coming to next version of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I received an email identical to yours with "Studio" replacing "Ultimate". Mystery solved I guess.
Thanks for reporting, yes - that's news we wanted to hear.

Artist is still an unknown I guess.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-25-2022, 08:03 PM

I had a few more thoughts that I hope they were able to figure out with ARA.

1. I hope that we will still be able to use hotkeys inside of Melodyne to switch between tools. I fly through Melodyne right now because I have hotkeys that switch tools and I have a hotkey that easily resets the pitch back to where it was. I realize that some hotkeys may need to change, but I sure hope we don't lose the ability to have hotkeys. Otherwise, the time saved from instantly turning clips into Melodyne won't be even close to the time saved from having hotkeys.

2. I wonder how Melodyne is going to integrate with a comped track. If it is 100 audio clips comped together, do you have to click on each individual clip to view the Melodyne for that? or otherwise, is it going to be important to consolidate the edits of the comped vocals before turning the clip into a Melodyne clip?

3. With Melodyne becoming an Elastic Audio Algorithm, If the track is time based and you switch tempo, will the stretching happen inside of these tracks using Melodyne?

I have so many questions and I hope that they have got enough feedback to really make sure that the integration of ARA is truly going to be a time saver.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 08-26-2022, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
3. With Melodyne becoming an Elastic Audio Algorithm, If the track is time based and you switch tempo, will the stretching happen inside of these tracks using Melodyne?

Oh this would be fantastic if its implemented this way. I often do tempo changes on songs using elastic audio to quickly audition new tempos. Doesn't sound good enough to keep so then I either do some heavy editing or re-record at the new tempo. With Melodyne's time stretching I bet I could just use that as final audio.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
I’m very excited about this. This will be the biggest feature in a long time. I also love how Pro Tools is integrating it more than making it a plug-in insert (like so many other DAW integrations). Pro Tools is often late to the game, but typically takes it up a notch.

A couple thoughts I’m wondering about.

1. I hope that there will be a way to full screen Melodyne. Kind of like the MIDI editor has its docked version and the ability to have its own window. While using the studio features, there are times I need to see stacks of Harmonies on top of each other and sometimes that is greater than an octave. So being able to really expand that window is important.

2. The main feature of studio is the ability to see notes from other tracks stacked on top of each other in the same Melodyne window. I hope that will be possible with this ARA integration as it is such an important way for me to line up timing of harmonies in detail.

Yeah I have to agree - PT is late to the party, but always ends up with the best implementation.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:28 AM

I think my dream in this scenario would be "Melodyne" in the Elastic Audio menu and still being able to time-stretch like that. One can dream I guess

Hackintosh: MacOS Catalina, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, RX580
Pro Tools Studio, RME RayDAT PCIe
http://www.liamgaughan.com
Old 09-14-2022, 02:57 PM

Is there any update on when this is going to be implemented? I was hoping at the end of last month since that's when it was announced.

I'm really excited for this update as it's going to save me loads of time. Literally pushing some projects back to attempt to wait for the release...
Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.6
Lynx Thunderbolt Aurora(n) 24
Lynx Hilo
Burl B2 Bomber
Old 09-14-2022, 03:37 PM

Posted in the Pro Tools Advanced Forum Group on Facebook:

"Spoiler Alert!

Looks like ARA is due before the end of the month!!!

Copied from the latest Melodyne Release notes....

NEW IN VERSION 5.3

The update to Version 5.3 contains improvements and bug fixes, which is why we recommend it to all users. Moreover, Melodyne 5.3 is required for ARA integration into Pro Tools 2022.09.

New features and improvements

Surround: In both ARA and Transfer modes, Melodyne can now also be used for the editing of tracks in the standard surround formats.

ARA in Pro Tools: Melodyne 5.3 comes with all the technical prerequisites for ARA integration into Pro Tools from Version 2022.09 upwards and thus makes a significantly improved workflow in Pro Tools possible.

Preferences: When Melodyne is employed for the first time as a plug-in, it loads the set of keyboard shortcuts corresponding to the DAW you are using."

Be interesting to see if this is accurate.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-14-2022, 04:20 PM

As always, someone is always hyping vaporware. Hopefully it is like PTE says that Melodyne Studio can correct stuff in Atmos material too. We shall see when something is released.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Posted in the Pro Tools Advanced Forum Group on Facebook:

"Spoiler Alert!

Looks like ARA is due before the end of the month!!!

Copied from the latest Melodyne Release notes....

NEW IN VERSION 5.3

The update to Version 5.3 contains improvements and bug fixes, which is why we recommend it to all users. Moreover, Melodyne 5.3 is required for ARA integration into Pro Tools 2022.09.

Be interesting to see if this is accurate.
Any idea is this is a free or paid update to Melodyne? i'm on Melodyne 5 editor. I've just paid my years 'Ultimate support plan tax' in anticipation of this feature

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 09-15-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Any idea is this is a free or paid update to Melodyne? i'm on Melodyne 5 editor. I've just paid my years 'Ultimate support plan tax' in anticipation of this feature
Free update if you have Melodyne 5 as part of PT. I upgraded yesterday.