Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2002, 04:49 PM

Default Mackie Control for Pro tools LE

I am wondering why the Mackie control does not work with pro tools but the Baby HUI does. After all mackie owns the right to the HUI software. Why doesn't Mackie add the HUI functionality to the Mackie control. I am planning to buy a Mackie control to control DP3 but I would like if it can control Pro tools too. This way I wouldn't have to buy two separate control surfaces. Does anybody know if Mackie would ever make the Mackie control available for pro tools? I really don't like the baby HUI comparing it to the Mackie control.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Mackie Control for Pro tools LE

I'm pretty sure Mackie just put out an update allowing the Mackie Control surface to operate with PTLE.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:26 PM

Hi

I just check the Mackie website and it doesn't seem to anything there regarding the use of the Mackie Control for Pro tools LE
Old 12-29-2002, 01:38 PM

Wait til NAMM.
http://www.1011productions.com
Old 12-29-2002, 01:49 PM

Logic control (essentially a rebadged Mackie control) works with Pro Tools right now - under HUI emulation.

I believe they even removed the restriction on needing an XS KEY and Logic Platinum license to run it. Check their website for details - but here's the quote from the main page.

"One Controller to Rule Them All
November 28th 2002

On a compatibility level, the Logic Control System can't be beaten by its competitors. The Logic Control System can now control every OMS-compatible Mac OS 9 audio and MIDI application, that offers support of the Mackie Control or the Mackie HUI. At present, these include Pro Tools (including Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools Free), Digital Performer and Nuendo.

This makes the Logic Control a particularly interesting prospect to any user who switches between different host programs, and wants access via a hardware controller.

Switching between host applications with a Logic Control System can be performed with no reconfiguration, or need to launch additional programs. The number of Logic Control and Logic Control XT units that can be used in a setup is limited solely by the host application.

As the XSKey isn't required by the Logic Control System, the use of Logic Control, and all the benefits that this brings, isn't limited to the owners of a Logic Platinum 5 license.

The free, downloadable Logic Control System OMS driver can be found here."

Can't imagine that emagic and Mackie are on good terms right now, but it does work....
Old 12-29-2002, 01:54 PM

Hi

The problem is I would have to buy the logic control instead of the mackie control which I believe limits some of the functions for DP3 besides I don't believe I can get the lexan to put over the control surface. I guess I'll wait til NAMM and see what happens...