Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Default where is COPY AND RELINK?

Had two dozen files in a different folder and wanted to C+R them via the Workspace to my current Session's AUDIO FILES folder but I couldn't find the Pull down menu option in 11.3.1. (not in the smaller menu on the top right of the Workspace).

I ended up just dragging and dropping them in said destination folder, also via the Workspace but I could see how this could be dangerous with several thousand
files.

What am I missing?? In the past I could control+click on the files themselves and it would come up, no longer..
Old 06-15-2015, 01:09 PM

Default Re: where is COPY AND RELINK?

I think you have to be in the section of the workspace that is specific to that session... you know the selection on the far left of the actual session folder, then open the audio files folder, select files then copy and re link.

Not sure it works from the regular workspace... as in when not viewing the assets of the actual session.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:34 AM

Works here.

Open the Project Browser window, select the files you want, and in the top right corner menu, chose copy and re-link selected.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM

Closing and reopening the session should always bring up the option panel for relinking the missing files, when PT sees that it is missing files. Is it not doing this for you?
Old 06-17-2015, 04:31 AM

That works, but it will just relink, but not copy to the audio files folder.
Thereafter, in the session workspace browser, you have to look for those linked files again - maybe by checking "Date Indexed" to find those newly added linked files amongst a lot of existing files - and choose via right click "Copy and Relink".
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 07-29-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zull View Post
Closing and reopening the session should always bring up the option panel for relinking the missing files, when PT sees that it is missing files. Is it not doing this for you?
It is, but I want it to be contained in the sessions AUDIO FILES folder, so I don't have to worry that I might not have all the files when I go to archive.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
That works, but it will just relink, but not copy to the audio files folder.
Thereafter, in the session workspace browser, you have to look for those linked files again - maybe by checking "Date Indexed" to find those newly added linked files amongst a lot of existing files - and choose via right click "Copy and Relink".
Right, that's the way it used to work, but when I right click I don't get a pull down menu with that option anymore..
Old 07-29-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Music View Post
I think you have to be in the section of the workspace that is specific to that session... you know the selection on the far left of the actual session folder, then open the audio files folder, select files then copy and re link.

Not sure it works from the regular workspace... as in when not viewing the assets of the actual session.
Right, but my point is I can't C+R anymore, it doesn't show up when I right click on a bunch of files I've selected
Old 07-29-2015, 08:12 AM

Just to make sure : the files that you select are those in the folder "Session Audio Files" , not in the folder "Audio Files" ?
Within the folder "Session Audio Files", I can right-click the offline Files, choose "Relink Offline" and after relinking happened, I can right-click and choose "Copy and Relink", to copy them physically to the folder "Audio Files" of the session.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 02-26-2024, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennym View Post
Right, but my point is I can't C+R anymore, it doesn't show up when I right click on a bunch of files I've selected
I know an old post. But I have the same issue. When ctrl-clicking (mac) on the audio files, there is no dropdown menu anymore. And I can't find a menu to click, that gives me the option to copy and link.

Cheers for any help,
Tim