Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2017, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3.7 and PT|Control

Using the PT | Control app for the first time - took a long time to get it running (wouldn't run on my old iPads). Set up soft keys, upon reboot they were gone. Had hit "Save", saved as a layout, but could not get them to stick.

Sunday saw EuCon 3.7 was up, installed without uninstalling 3.6.1. Right away PT | Control incompatible. Updated that in the App Store.

Now, finally, everything is now running great. EuCon remembering my Soft Key settings, Artist Mix, all running well.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbcrunch View Post
Using the PT | Control app for the first time - took a long time to get it running (wouldn't run on my old iPads). Set up soft keys, upon reboot they were gone. Had hit "Save", saved as a layout, but could not get them to stick.

Sunday saw EuCon 3.7 was up, installed without uninstalling 3.6.1. Right away PT | Control incompatible. Updated that in the App Store.

Now, finally, everything is now running great. EuCon remembering my Soft Key settings, Artist Mix, all running well.
cool .. !!! good job ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-05-2017, 12:32 AM

Hi everyone
I’ve got a small issue making it work, help maybe ?

Eucon 3.7, Pro Tools 12.5 installed

Launching PT Control on a brand new iPad.
It connects to the MacBook all right

Then nothing more than grey slots and option buttons.
It’s not synced with the session

It used to work fine with a old iPad mini and Eucon 3.4

Thank you for your help
Old 03-23-2018, 01:55 PM

I just started getting this issue, so I suspect the PT|Control update from 3/6/18, but not certain.

PT Control and EuControl incompatible, as the attached error window states
iPad updates says PT Control Version 18.3.0, updated 3/06/18.
iPad is 4th gen, running iOS 10.3.3
MacPro (the computer running PT HDX) runs PT 12.8.3

EuControl is 3.7.0 built 10/18/17.
Its requirements are met: OS 10.3 - 10.13 (I’m on 10.12).

TRIED:
The iPad had been scooted to another network, but changing it to the same as my MacPro didn’t matter.
Deleted PT|Control and re-dowloaded & rein’d from App Store.
Restart MacPro (the computer running PT HDX)
Tried different launch sequences.

Attached Images
File Type: png EuControl 18-03-23.png (43.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-23-2018, 02:35 PM

The message is pretty clear:
You need to download and install EuControl 2018.3 from Avid on your Mac.

If you want to prevent this in the future, turn off auto-update on your iPad. The Apple store does not let you go back to earlier versions of the app. Right now your app on your iPad is more advanced than Eucontrol on your computer so they won't work together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspro View Post
I just started getting this issue, so I suspect the PT|Control update from 3/6/18, but not certain.

PT Control and EuControl incompatible, as the attached error window states
iPad updates says PT Control Version 18.3.0, updated 3/06/18.
iPad is 4th gen, running iOS 10.3.3
MacPro (the computer running PT HDX) runs PT 12.8.3

EuControl is 3.7.0 built 10/18/17.
Its requirements are met: OS 10.3 - 10.13 (I’m on 10.12).

TRIED:
The iPad had been scooted to another network, but changing it to the same as my MacPro didn’t matter.
Deleted PT|Control and re-dowloaded & rein’d from App Store.
Restart MacPro (the computer running PT HDX)
Tried different launch sequences.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:21 AM

Hey BScout,
I would counter that the message is not that clear, I spent twenty minutes looking for it before I found this post, and didn't read that in this thread til you just posted it. Thanks for posting it.
I turned off automatic updates in the General/AppStore settings of my iPad; I'd assumed it was off as I've often had to manually download updates.
Sadly, I spent over a half hour and still can't find anywhere to download EuControl 2018.3 for my MacPro---googling "EuControl 2018.3" yields a bunch of gunk, and, as usual, Avid sites where they talk about the download in great detail but never give you a link to the actual update. Other forums on DUC kept leading me nowhere. Avid App Mgr says I'm updated, but obviously it's wrong.
If you can point me in the direction of an update, I'd be grateful. I'll even allow you to poke fun at me for not finding it on my own. Deal?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saspro View Post
Sadly, I spent over a half hour and still can't find anywhere to download EuControl 2018.3 for my MacPro---googling "EuControl 2018.3" yields a bunch of gunk, and, as usual, Avid sites where they talk about the download in great detail but never give you a link to the actual update. Other forums on DUC kept leading me nowhere. Avid App Mgr says I'm updated, but obviously it's wrong.
Avid App Manager doesn't deal with Eucon (yet?)
As to where to get it, it sounds like you have had Eucon on your system before. So where to get it is exactly the same place you first got it.
(Since you have the PT Control App, it's not even confusing like the Artist series of surfaces that took you to a different website.)
  1. You need to log into your MyAvid (my.avid.com) account (something you should already have if you've grabbed Eucon before for the app as that was necessary the first time),
  2. then go to "My Products and Subscriptions",
  3. then find "Pro Tools | Control and EuControl", click on it,
  4. find under that "Product Details and Download Links" and click on "Show",
  5. download the one for your operating system of the ones that say "Unified Install" in the name.

If you get stuck at step 3, then you haven't registered the app to your account (which I don't know how you could do if you already have a version of Eucon.)
Then see here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ontrol-Support