Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 PM

Default Re: PT 8 looks - Please give us a PT 7.x skin or an otherwise paler look

could rename it DTH
(digi town hall)
e
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Default Re: PT 8 looks - Please give us a PT 7.x skin or an otherwise paler look

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
we are trying to make a living and have current software and find it impossible to use it.
With all due respect this sounds way over the top. How come it is impossible to use? We have 3 systems and working all day all night long so "it is" possible to use. If we compare rest of the softwares in the world to PT7 that means none of them are possible to use because there is not one other software that has old PT look with that white and bright gray scheme anymore. It's just that you don't like it and that's OK. I hate Logic's look and color scheme but I don't say it is impossible to work I do all my compositional work in Logic because that's what gives me the best options I need. If PT7 gives you the options you need already than why bother with PT8 anyway. BTW today I took the saturation all the way down in PT and it was so close to the PT7 look except that annoying bright white that hurts in the dark and still it was possibe to use and get the work done.

Regards
Oz
Old 09-08-2009, 03:36 PM

I'm guessing that people who say white bright of PT7 hurts haven't really correctly calibrated the monitors. As far as I know many proffessionals working at design etc have brightness pretty low + D50 white point (warm yellowish white). With these settings white hardly hurts any eyes and that is how it should be calibrated if you sit at the monitor hours and hours per day.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM

I'd like to apologize if I come off "bitchy".

I'm merely sick of the hyperbole, as mention a few posts ago.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Russell;
-Bins
-Freeze Tracks
-100% Customizable UI
-Custom KB mapping
-Revamped VI engine
-64bit support
-ADC for LE
Yes, I can verify, 100%, that this is the case and that these features, actually coded into Pro Tools in 2002, will be unlocked and implemented in PT 8.1 on 10.6 Snow Leopard.

HERE'S WHERE IT REALLY GETS INTERESTING

I can also release that there will be a new version of Pro Tools called Pro Tools SJ (assumed to be short for Silver Jubilee.) At a trendsetting price-point of $49,495 USD, Digidesign revealed to this author that Pro Tools SJ is truly an "obscene bargain," as it took 800 programming hours to create and is estimated to require 200-600 more programming hours yearly to keep it in parallel development with PT LE and HD. This old-world, hand crafted version was conceived and contracted by a "private individual" whose name Digidesign will not release. It has been corroborated that it will sport the original Macintosh Filemaker Pro from the 1980's style GUI (Pro Tools 7) retro look for those that prefer an "antique" vibe. I cannot confirm this, but the great auntie of one Digidesign insider leaked to this author that the SJ actually stands for "studiojames" or something like that...whatever that means. The mystery deepens folks, but look forward to a VERY stellar 2010 for Avid if Pro Tools SJ is really a hot hot seller.
[/QUOTE]

100% customizable ?? ..Definitely not a good move!! IMO

Everything else sounds good!!

PT SJ?? with the 80's look?? Not the 7 look for sure but certainly more like V4 if..

StudioJames??

mmmmmm... sounds like Studio Jimi!!

Hey Jimi did you get your personal version of PT for just a snip below 50K... ... really expensive to kill rare P. Elephants these days!!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmazurek View Post
Nor is it for YOU to decide how people criticize people's way of complaining. You want to go around like this for a while??

What if I like it just as it is, and I make my living from it just as you do?
If I were you I would be happy that it serves you well and realize that none of us are trying to make you less happy. We just want to be happy too.

You don't have to lose for us to win.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxo View Post
I linked to my farce because it applies here to illustrate how ridiculous having two looks would be financially. It is not going to happen and it shouldn't. They just need to correct what ails people like studiojimi. It can be done...it's not rocket science as they say.

Developing two different GUIs, in parallel, for years and years is a hell of a lot of work for 1-5% of PT users who are DEEPLY troubled by the new look.

I didn't post that to make fun of studiojimis problem. It was the idea of parallel development that had to be mocked.

And frankly, skins are nickel dime amateur hour, not befitting of the most pro of pro apps, Pro Tools.
It's not our fault that 2 skins are needed. I can guarantee that those of you who are happier now were definitely less upset than we are now knowing how much better it was.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
If I were you I would be happy that it serves you well and realize that none of us are trying to make you less happy. We just want to be happy too.

You don't have to lose for us to win.
I am happy. I'd be unhappy if the "put it back" crowd got what they wanted. Which is of course what I've repeatedly said I was criticizing. I do hope you win, but putting back to PT7 will never happen, so let's move on.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
at least those professionals enlightened and experienced enough to have the perspective
Jeezus.

And you wonder why people react negatively to your posts...
Old 09-29-2009, 01:36 AM

Hello I am new here but I too don't like the look of PT 8 . I bought PT 8 m-powered thinking Ilok would unlock PT 7.4.2 now I'm stuck with 8 I think most of the issues I have with the look have been stated previously (overcrowded mix window, grey edit backgrownd, dark look etc...)

I hope this matter will be resolved soon