Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Default BNR (DINR) TDM not passing audio

Hey All,

Sorry I didn't come up with a clever pun vis-a-vis DINR - I'll leave that to you.

Got BNR as part of the recent Massive Pack, and I'm trying to use it for the first time. Inserted it on a audio track (first slot, TDM), and...nothing. No sound coming through. Tried to "learn" noise signature; no evidence that it's getting audio. Bypassing the plug still blocks audio. Disabling the plug allows audio through. Tried several tracks. All other plugins (around 100) are working.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

Jamshied

Mac Nehalem 8-core 2.26
12GB RAM
HD3 Accel
Mac OS 10.5.7
PT 8.0.1
BNR TDM 8.0
Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Default Re: BNR (DINR) TDM not passing audio

Total noise reduction?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamshied View Post
Hey All,

Sorry I didn't come up with a clever pun vis-a-vis DINR - I'll leave that to you.

Got BNR as part of the recent Massive Pack, and I'm trying to use it for the first time. Inserted it on a audio track (first slot, TDM), and...nothing. No sound coming through. Tried to "learn" noise signature; no evidence that it's getting audio. Bypassing the plug still blocks audio. Disabling the plug allows audio through. Tried several tracks. All other plugins (around 100) are working.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
You should be hearing audio as it learns. Sounds like a corrupt track, or session. Try it on another session. IF that does not work, try reinstalling the plug ff
Old 12-09-2009, 08:12 AM

I'll check it on another session, and then reinstall, thanks. DINR AudioSuite is working, by the way. I guess that uses the RTAS component in the plugins folder.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Tried a different session (at a different sampling rate) - same behavior. re-installed DINR from the version on Digi's website - same behavior. To wit, no audio passes through when the plug is instantiated, even with the plug bypassed.

All other plugs working perfectly. DINR AudioSuite works as well. Digi, any thoughts?
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 PM

Hi Jamshied,
sorry, I can't help either...
But: I wouldn't use too much time to solve that problem. BNR is a very, very old noise reduction plug (I guess from 1996!). I gave up using it some years ago because I never reached satisfying results.
But Digi is clever enough to keep the nominal price high (still 1000 Euros in Europe!!!). So your savings seem to be higher when buying a bundle like Massive Pack.

Just my 2 cents

Mark
Old 12-09-2009, 03:34 PM

Hey Mark,

I actually just used the AudioSuite version, and got good results. I know there are better things out there, including Waves Restoration and even Digi's new offering, but considering the price I'm happy with what DINR can accomplish. If only it would work...

By the way, I installed PT 8.0.1cs1 - no change in DINR's non-cooperation.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 PM

you should be able to get it to work by uninstantiating it and then re-instantiating it.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:53 AM

Thanks, tried that - both un- and re-instantiating, and dis- and re-enabling. It seems it just doesn't work. Is the OS right (10.5.7) for the versions of PT (8.0.1cs1) and DINR (8.0)?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Avid

Have you tried trashing preferences yet, so that all plug-in data can be re-cached?