Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 AM

Default wats the best trs cables for the inputs and outputs for the mbox mini?

new to the inbox and i need advice for the best cables to run in the interface ones that create no noise the thing is i have my mixer hooked up to the mbox and have an mpc pluged into the mixer my mpc outputs create this stup azz high pitched noise when turned up in volume and when i plug in the rca inputs to my krk rp6 monitors i hear the whine more cause i have it to where my speakers are running trs to trs to the mbox and rca to trs into my mixer i need help eliminating this [bleep][bleep][bleep]got high pitched whine for better clarity on my drum traccs heres a pic of my setup

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=60138164

Please help im begging lmao
Old 06-07-2009, 11:23 AM

Default Re: wats the best trs cables for the inputs and outputs for the mbox mini?

Your make my English grammar look very professional, thank you!

I personally use Canare cable and Neutrik connectors. If you are savy you should grab a mutli-meter and make the cables yourself, if not buy the cable and connectors and get a buddy that can professionally solder to do it for you.

My cables cost less than $20 each (plus the effort) and they meter out better than the $60 Monster Cables. Though I haven't tested a current Monster cable in a few years.

That's just one opinion, good luck.

RCA to TRS doesn't sound like a good idea to me, I don't know your exact workflow though.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Default Re: wats the best trs cables for the inputs and outputs for the mbox mini?

90% sure the Mbox mini has unbalanced I/O
Old 06-07-2009, 05:25 PM

Your pic link does not work as it is set to private. Try some punctuation as your post is extremely difficult to read. I'd like to help but I can't understand what you wrote.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave