Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2015, 04:55 PM

Default Resampling Entire Projects from 44.1 to 48kHz In PT11 speeds up during playback.

Hi all I am trying to determine the best way to re-sample my projects to 48kHz. Now why in the hell would i want to do that? The answer is that my new console is hard set at that rate for USB playback from my DAW. I recently replaced my TAC Scorpion +2 Audiofire 12s with a new A&H QU-32. It really is a wonderful board and I love it greatly enough to live with the silly decision of their hard coding the sample rate for that at 48kHz (and USB2.0 the idiots). I converted an entire session I wanted to rework and remix and the whole thing sounded fast during playback with a slight alvin and the chipmunks kinda vibe. It was really weird. If I just import current wav files from the tracks and re-sample during the conversion to the session rate there are no issues. However doing this I lose all the data and settings that were in the original mix for the track which I want to retain so I can manipulate and modify. Not to mention I dont want to have to spend all day nudging things into place. Has anyone else had an issue with converting entire sessions and it speeding up? Kinda sounds like a software bug. Newer sessions are fine but if I work with others over drop box it seems most folks work at 44.1 so this is going to be an ongoing issue working with collaborators. Help!

BTW I'm not super savvy on the ProTools 11 as I am still learning the ins and outs and tweaks so please forgive if something I say sounds silly or just plain wrong. Im working through ProTools ignite but an old brain can only retain so much so fast... Peter