Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2022, 08:30 PM

Default Commit export bug

PT 2022.6 MBP 2020 Big Sur 11.6.2- When I commit a track in PT and try to export the track by selecting it in the edit window and export via the ' SHIFT+COMMAND+K' keyboard shortcut, the export dialog pops up and PT acts if it is actually exporting a file- a dialog box and status flys by- nothing is exported in my destination folder. In fact when I select the track in the edit window the track doesn't show in the Regions Bin to the right. The track doesn't show until I double click the selected audio file in the edit window a couple times. Then and only then does the file show up in the regions bin and is selected also. Only THEN can I export the file. Avid, this particular version of PT is so buggy......

Take a look at the attached screen shot. You can see the BDI commit track is selected but there IS NO selection in the regions bin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 10.24.42 PM.jpg (86.6 KB, 0 views)

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 07-12-2022, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Commit export bug

Try pressing option+command+K before making the selection, this enables 'show auto created' in the bin. (or use the dropdown menu in the bin).
It seems your bin is not showing all files, or maybe because of the preroll your track clip is actually shorter than the 'whole file'?
Old 07-12-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
Try pressing option+command+K before making the selection, this enables 'show auto created' in the bin. (or use the dropdown menu in the bin).
It seems your bin is not showing all files, or maybe because of the preroll your track clip is actually shorter than the 'whole file'?
I will definitely try that keyboard shortcut first. As for the pre-roll, I exported the entire attached session and the tracks that were NOT committed were exported without any issues. I had 10 drums tracks and committed those also and only the first track, KICK CM, actually exported, of the committed tracks. And the bass too was committed but didn't export.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:49 AM

But note that shift+command+k does not export tracks, it exports the selected clips in your bin. In this case those clips are selected in the bin by making a selection in your edit window. When some clips are not shown in the bin they will not be exported via this command, even though they are selected in your timeline. Also make sure your selection in the edit window covers the full length of all the clips otherwise they won't be selected in the bin either.

(I'm not used tot he dark mode so I can't tell what is selected)
Old 07-13-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
But note that shift+command+k does not export tracks, it exports the selected clips in your bin. In this case those clips are selected in the bin by making a selection in your edit window. When some clips are not shown in the bin they will not be exported via this command, even though they are selected in your timeline. Also make sure your selection in the edit window covers the full length of all the clips otherwise they won't be selected in the bin either.

(I'm not used tot he dark mode so I can't tell what is selected)
ok but its odd that normally when one selects an audio track in the edit window the corresponding clip in the regions bin is automatically also selected. Except when the audio track has been committed. The clip was consolidated and committed so it was whole. I submitted a case to Avid also.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:21 PM

Check your Preferences. There are two that, IIRC, state something like choosing a Clip on a Track chooses the same Clip in the Clip List and choosing a Clip in the Clip List chooses the same Clip on a Track. Why one wouldn't want this behavior I'm not sure.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-14-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Check your Preferences. There are two that, IIRC, state something like choosing a Clip on a Track chooses the same Clip in the Clip List and choosing a Clip in the Clip List chooses the same Clip on a Track. Why one wouldn't want this behavior I'm not sure.
' Clip List Selection Follows Edit Selection' and the opposite ' Edit Selection Follows Clip List Selection' are both checked.

Old 07-14-2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Just fyi, What if you might want to keep 3 or 4 clip list items selected? Or an edit selection? When you want to make an edit selection with keeping those 3 or list items selected, you want "option A." When you want to keep an edit selection but pull in a clip, maybe "option B".... Maybe you want both, just one, or none.

Depending on specific tasks I might switch it, otherwise I do generally leave it set to both ways on.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //