Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Tech Support...Don\'t you find it odd . . . . .?

some how in cloning my drive over to my new G5 i lost my codec to make mp3s

so i called tech support

it seems that more than 90 days have past since i upgraded and purchased the latest software which has been a debacle for many of us.

and led me to much expense to stay "current"

anyway

the digidelivery file which tech Ryan was kind enough to send didn't work but he was very kind and helpful.

so i called tech support again to see what i was doing wrong and got a bunch of grief from a guy who sends me an email link for an "exe" file which i don't think is mac friendly. that was his solutions after telling me i was out of tech support but he'd be happy to email me a solution that would work...the "exe" file
YIPES

then a third guy got me through by explaining how it works refreshing me with the password challenge to re invoke my codec etc etc

i'm good to go.

the point i'm making is...hey i guess digi has to draw the line with tech support limitations but after all we've been thru to now help a good customer like me on a quick issue like codec reinstanciation..well it comes off as ungrateful to not bring me a cup of water in the desert.

now another thing

when we call for tech support..why shouldn't the higher dollar investers be number one on the prompt instead of number 5 after we listen to the LE and other customers.

we are the ones on the clock for the most part when we have an issue...this just doesn't make sense

no props by doing this....am i missing something?

anyway....problem solved after 3 calls to digi tech support and the second one been grievous and not very helpful or patient or reliable.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Tech Support...Don\'t you find it odd . . . . .

ah -- the true downside of disk based copy protection... there is no way to really do a full restore if you have disk CP.

You will probably have to jump through this hoop again with all non-iLok plugs w/ disk based CP.

Are you liking the G5? I also have a 2.7DP and I am most satisfied. I wish I had as much ram as you... but 6.5 seems to get me there... any issues?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 PM

i have to thank you and the others jeremy to make me take that leap of faith
no crashes since i up graded BUT

so many of my current mixes are not fully bootable
but mostly this one plug i use..the LEXICON OCTAVOX is a DSP pig and takes up a full chip

to bad and all i use it for is a vocal widener

so now i must get the magnus expansion chassis

Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Before you do that...

configure your session files so that the track(s) with this plug are far left. The far-left tracks load first. There is a degree of "dsp voodoo" that goes on, and you may be able to load an older session if the newer shared chip plugs are to the right, and dsp pigs to the left. Try it? You can always bounce it down to disk too...