Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2022, 03:17 PM

Default Updating firmware

Hello all, I've been getting FANerr on my HD Omni so I decided to try and update the firmware. I also have an HD i/o and a HD Native TB. The HD i/o is the primary device and the Omni is hooked up to the secondary port of the HD io. I restarted the computer, which is a MacBook, then I went the update firmware in Digitest and selected connector 1, Primary (channels 1-16) and hit begin update. Well it's been at least 50 minutes now and the whole time it says Port 1, Primary Device: Erasing Flash Memory... down at the bottom under Status. Surely it shouldn't take this long to update. It also says "warning the digitest application may appeaar to hang while updating firmware, wait as long as it takes to complete. Do not cancel the update, power cycle audio i/o or forcibly close Digitest during the update. What do I do? It's apparently try to erase the flash memory of the HD io. The power button is illuminated orange on the hd io but no other lights are on. Any suggestions?