Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 AM

Default No Bounce To QuickTime Option

Problem: no video when trying to create a QuickTime .mov from a video and audio file. Using either Windows 7 Player or QuickTime player, only the audio plays. No video is shown at all.

OK, I know this problem has been covered several ways here already, except... I do not see an explanation for the "File", "Bounce to" menu not even containing a QuickTime option.

The only place I see a QuickTime option is under the "Bounce" dialog after hitting the "Bounce to" option.

I'm using Pro Tools 10.3.10 HD Native on Win 7/64.

Here's my menu options: "File", "Bounce to", "Disk..." and "DirectShow Movie". Why would a "DirectShow Movie" option be there and not a QuickTime option also? (Doesn't matter, because I get an error when trying to create a DirectShow Movie!)

There is NO "Bounce to QuickTime" option showing under that menu, period.

I can select the "Disk..." option under "Bounce to", and then... it brings up the standard "Bounce" dialog, which I can then select "QuickTime" under the "File Type:". It does not create a QuickTime movie.

The blue "Online" is lit, the frame-rate is sync'd to the video frame-rate. Elastic Audio is set to "none". I've tried selecting the video file by itself and create a QuickTime .mov, and I've tried selecting both the video file and audio file at same time, no joy.

And what's really funny, is the bounced files each time have the .mov suffix for file type on the end of them, showing QuickTime format.