Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Unable to PARSE Audio ????

I have a project I began in a TDM system and took home last night to continue working on my M-Audio system. Both systems run Pro-Tools 7.3 and when I brought back the hard drive to my TDM system at work today, it firstly won't allow me to load the project by saying
"The document could not be opened because it was created on an older version of pro-tools"

if I go into my auto backup session files, they start to load then say "unable to parse audio file"

does anyone know what this means?
I've run techtool pro's directory maintenance and it has found nothing weird with my hard drive.

I've tried the session on my home system again (cause it's my laptop which is with me) and the same error messages appear.

I really don't want to start this project all over again, and it's supposed to be on air today.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.
www.BAUER.NET.AU
Old 05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Avid

Default Re: Unable to PARSE Audio ????

What type of hard drive is this? Are both systems on Macs?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:50 PM

Hi, yes both systems are macs.
The HD system is a G5 (Dual 2ghz) and the laptop m-audio system is a powerbook g4, 167ghz, 1.5gb ram. The hard drive is an Icecube 250gb Firewire 400. All of our gear, including hard drive is supplied by a Digidesign rep here in melbourne (soundcorp) so it should all be digidesign approved gear.

I take extra work home with me all the time (wish I didn't have to) and this is the first time I've had a problem. I am getting this "Unable to parse audio" error all the time now, regardless of which session I'm using. I've run techtool pro's directory maintenance and defragged the drive, have also trashed the digidesign databases folder, but still getting this error.
Sometimes is continually pops up and I have no choice but to reboot.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks, Matt.
www.BAUER.NET.AU
Old 05-10-2007, 06:41 PM

Further to this, I've since moved all my sessions to another drive, formatted the original drive (OSX EXTENDED JOURNALED) then moved everything back and run a final defrag across the drive.

No change in behaviour. I still get this "UNABLE TO PARSE AUDIO" message.
it also does it to fade files.

It seems to do it more often when a disk, or a drive, or even a USB stick is connected.
DIGI TECH SUPPORT, can you offer any solutions please?

Thanks in advance.
Matt.