Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2023, 10:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON 2023.6 Avid Control released early. Download link for EuControl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Tablet still disconnected every 10-15Minutes (noticeable by layout on S1 falling back to all auto-assigned).

I turned off the new marker display as it seemed to slow down the app a lot and you can't really tap onto markers that are very close together anyway. This has made it very snappy again. Will see it the disconnects stop now.

On my co-worker's FireDH8 the marker display won't turn on regardless the setting. (maybe intended?)
What version of PT has he got, only works on 23.6 onwards. Have you tried to zoom in to the markers? Roughly how many markers do you have
Old 07-21-2023, 01:53 AM

Default Re: EUCON 2023.6 Avid Control released early. Download link for EuControl

Hi Eddie,

he's also on 23.6. (Studio Ultra rosetta mode) I've got about 300 markers in my session (hard to say as PT doesn't give a number). Nothing excessive. Yes I've tried zooming, but I don't really need the markers on the tablet. Just wanted to mention that it does seem to bog down the performance. Having turned the lane off the app is snappy again.

Frank.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 07-21-2023 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:05 PM

I too am having the tablet (Fire HD) drop out randomly. Markers view is disabled, fwiw.

Other issue is: Graphics display bug in EuControl Settings / Soft Keys tab. Selecting various panels (S3 Right Edit, S3 ) is not drawing, or only partially drawing, the buttons, text, color that are assigned... Additionally, "Shift" does not change the display. Buttons function normally. Here's a screencap of the issue: https://capture.dropbox.com/kceufFire5Rk4GRc

It's a pain - especially the dropping out. But god forbid I want to edit my softkeys. Would be nice to revert. Is it possible to install old version on Fire HD? 2022.12 was totally stable for me.

PT2023.6, Mac Intel, OS10.14 Mojave
Network config is: Mac USB ethernet adapter > non-internet-connected d-link router, all devices on LAN ports including computer.

-jeremiah
Old 07-21-2023, 08:35 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahmoore View Post
I too am having the tablet (Fire HD) drop out randomly. Markers view is disabled, fwiw.

Other issue is: Graphics display bug in EuControl Settings / Soft Keys tab. Selecting various panels (S3 Right Edit, S3 ) is not drawing, or only partially drawing, the buttons, text, color that are assigned... Additionally, "Shift" does not change the display. Buttons function normally. Here's a screencap of the issue: https://capture.dropbox.com/kceufFire5Rk4GRc

It's a pain - especially the dropping out. But god forbid I want to edit my softkeys. Would be nice to revert. Is it possible to install old version on Fire HD? 2022.12 was totally stable for me.

PT2023.6, Mac Intel, OS10.14 Mojave
Network config is: Mac USB ethernet adapter > non-internet-connected d-link router, all devices on LAN ports including computer.

-jeremiah
The softkey thing could be a Mojave issue. It's not officially supported and Apple make us update the graphic code for later OS's that can sometime cause issues on older ones. Sometimes going down to one monitor(if you have more) helps.

As for the Tablet drop out this is usually caused by network. When you say drop out what do you mean? Pause briefly, disappear completely, get removed from EuControl etc. ?
Old 07-22-2023, 02:06 AM

Over here absolutely nothing has changed in my network setup. I've had more EC issues in the last couple of days than in the last 6 months combined. It's very unstable. Often EC locks up (beachball when I hover the mouse over the EC symbol in the menu bar and PT crashes). On the tablet the app would freeze (can't even switch between the pages of avid control) and I have to force quit that as well.

I will try and turn off my tablet entirely on Monday and see how that goes when I only have my S1 on EC and no tablet at all and report back.

My colleague was able to roll back to the previous version as he still had his old iPad lying around with the old AVID Control version. He downgraded EC on his MacStudio Ultra (ventura) and all is back to normal for him. Unfortunately that won't work for me as I guess there's no way to downgrade the FireHD?

Frank.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 07-23-2023 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 10:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Over here absolutely nothing has changed in my network setup. I've never had so many EC issues in the last couple of days than in the last 6 months combined. It's very unstable. Often EC locks up (beachball when I hover the mouse over the EC symbol in the menu bar and PT crashes). On the tablet the app would freeze (can't even switch between the pages of avid control) and I have to force quit that as well.

I will try and turn off my tablet entirely on Monday and see how that goes when I only have my S1 on EC and no tablet at all and report back.

My colleague was able to roll back to the previous version as he still had his old iPad lying around with the old AVID Control version. He downgraded EC on his MacStudio Ultra (ventura) and all is back to normal for him. Unfortunately that won't work for me as I guess there's no way to downgrade the FireHD?

Frank.
Can I check that you have done a full unnstal in prefs using the installer, reboot and reinstall ? Aso the restart of the Tablet sometimes fxes this.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Over here absolutely nothing has changed in my network setup. I've never had so many EC issues in the last couple of days than in the last 6 months combined. It's very unstable. Often EC locks up (beachball when I hover the mouse over the EC symbol in the menu bar and PT crashes). On the tablet the app would freeze (can't even switch between the pages of avid control) and I have to force quit that as well.

Frank.

All of the above for me also. I’ve had a very stable system for years but with this update my tablets, s1 and dock are freezing and going offline constantly. Been fighting it all day but to busy to work out what’s going on, so I’ve just had to try and work round it.
I report back when I have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.spoonsound.com
Old 07-22-2023, 09:13 PM

Yeah, very unstable over here too.

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-...s/date-asc/100

http://soundbetter.com/profiles/3845-john-siket
Old 07-23-2023, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Can I check that you have done a full unnstal in prefs using the installer, reboot and reinstall ? Aso the restart of the Tablet sometimes fxes this.
I have de- and re-installed the tablet app and the EC application multiple times now. Every time AVID Control freezes I restart the tablet. I see PT's EC status "LED" go orange or flash green all the time (no idea what the colors mean as it's not documented in the reference guide).

The S1 also shows the solid OLED quite often which I haven't seen since I retired my Artist controllers.

I will take the tablet out of the chain on Monday to see if just one S1 will hold up. If that doesn't improve things I'll roll EC back and abandon the tablet until things are fixed. I've already moved all hotkeys to Streamdeck.

I'll see how that goes.

Frank.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:52 PM

I am having a similar issue with my S1’s and Dock. It will lock to DADman right away but Pro Tools won’t lock and move the faders. I can see my S1 button prefs but that’s about it.
I reinstalled and deleted prefs and removed all the tablets and just ran the surfaces.

Any chance we can get a quick update Eddie?

Mac Studio M1 Ultra / OS 13.3 / Pro Tools 2023.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk