Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Default Just plain unfair!

PT's 11 won't support any RTAS plugins & there are many plugins seemingly not going AAX. I have my new Mac on the way, old Mac Pro was too old any couldn't run the HDX hardware in a PCIE slot. I'm trading in my Accel HD 3 for the HDX hardware & upgrading to PT's 11 this week. I won't be able to use any waves plugins(can't live without), TL space, Lexicon, TC Electronic, every phase, slightly rude compressor, god damn Virus TI!, the list goes on. Going to 11 is forcing me to throw away $, & then spend more to replace the thrown away plugins.

Someone's got to make a wrapper or avid needs to just plain do more. I'm pretty screwed either way it seems.

What's the deal with VEpro? Will that let u run RTAS plugins in PT's 11?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Just plain unfair!

No one is forcing you to do anything. You can run all of your Waves, RTAS and TDM plugins just fine in 10.3.6 until things are ported to AAX-64 bit.

Pro-tools-expert.com has tutorials on how different plugins like VEP can be used to host AU or VST versions.

FYI I've switched and found the McDSP, PSP and others have made it easy for me to not update my WUP plan for Waves Gold.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 AM

Waves will be updating to AAX very soon, but you will need to be current with WUP to get the updates.

TL Space is coming at some point. Lexicon eventually will, but no timetable. Don't know about TC Electronic.

Slightly Rude Compressor will never be AAX because it's been discontinued by Avid (it's on the End of Life list).

But as mentioned, with your HDX system, you will get a license for HD10 as well, so you can keep using both 11 and 10 until your plugins get updated.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:32 PM

Exclamation Re: Just plain unfair!

Virus will not work with HDX. It was TDM only and is not being ported to AAX.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM

The developer of Virus has claimed to be working on AAX. How do we explain the conflict in this thread -- do you know something we don't?

Also, TC Electronic has claimed to be working on AAX versions of their software though exactly which will make the transition we have yet to see.

To the OP: use PT 10 for now.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:00 PM

To the OP, did you not know any of this before you decided to upgrade? A liitle research goes a long way. Just say'in.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 PM

What is WUP ???
Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
The developer of Virus has claimed to be working on AAX. How do we explain the conflict in this thread -- do you know something we don't?

Also, TC Electronic has claimed to be working on AAX versions of their software though exactly which will make the transition we have yet to see.

To the OP: use PT 10 for now.
I wouldn't hold my breath for those as the old code was tied to the old TI 56k chips and would require a total rewrite if you're talking native instead of dsp. Access and TC don't exactly have any notion of getting things out in a timely manner - that's not part of their business plan.

QAPLA!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Don't know about TC Electronic.
Nobody knows. I've lost hope. At least I won't be buying anything (software and hardware) from them until they port their TDM stuff to AAX -- and currently, that sounds like never.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
What is WUP ???
Waves Update Plan...it allows you to get upgrades as long as it is in place.

Go to Waves website for more details...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh