Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 and Macbook Pro

I use PT 9 regularly with firewire based interfaces Digi and Metric Halo.

I recently went on a trip and brought my Macbook Pro and Ilok just so that I could finish up editing on the airplane, but to no avail.

Somehow I couldn't get PT up and running. I selected Digi Core Audio from sound preferences first. That didn't work. Then I selected the Digi Core Audio manager from the finder and that didn't work. Pro Tools quits after it launches saying no supported hardware found. I know I'm probably doing something stupid. I've never used PT before without hardware, so any advice would be appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Btw, when I hook it up back to any hardware interface, it works flawlessly.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 AM

I am not sure what you mean by select from the finder.

Hold down the "N" key during Pro Tools startup. When it asks you select "Core Audio". Does that work?

EDIT: And I mean to say select "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" not "Core Audio".

Darryl
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 and Macbook Pro

yeah thanks. That worked. It made a crazy repeating typical apple warning chirp the whole time I held it down, but it worked.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 and Macbook Pro

Seems like a lot of users are trying to select the audio engine through the finder or system prefs. Do not do that. Only select your engine by pressing "N" during boot. Or:

"To select which audio engine for Pro Tools uses: 1 Choose Setup > Playback Engine.
2 From the Current Engine selector, select your audio interface:
• For Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Native systems, use the default setting of HD TDM or HD Native.
• For supported Pro Tools and M-Audio au- dio interfaces (such as the Mbox Pro or Pro- Fire 2626), selecting the name of the corresponding interface uses the Direct I/O engine for Pro Tools.
• For third-party audio interfaces with com- patible CoreAudio (Mac) or ASIO (Win- dows), select the name of the corresponding Core Audio (Mac) or ASIO (Windows) compatible audio interface.
• On Mac systems, if you are using built-in audio, select any of the available built-in options for playback or select Pro Tools Ag- gregate I/O for simultaneous input and out- put with the built-in I/O hardware options."
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.