Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2004, 02:45 PM

Default How to get Click value diff. than session

I guess I haven't worked with clicks/loops enough...

I've got a project using PT and Reason where I need to generate an eighth note click at 88 bpm while maintaining proper playback of Dr. REX loops in Reason. And I'd much rather use the PT Click plugin as opposed to rolling my own click track...

Sounds easy enough, but I can't get the Click plugin to trigger eighth notes without doubling the speed of Reason's playback. I've placed an 88 bpm tempo event at 1|1|000 in PT and set the resolution to quarter notes...this results in proper Reason playback, but only a quarter note Click. If I change the resolution to half notes (or if I double the tempo), the Click plays eighth notes, but the Dr. REX loop doubles in speed as well - so the laidback groovin' loop I had painstakingly picked out suddenly sounds like a flailing jungle loop.

So, is there any way to trigger an eighth note click that's independent of what PT is telling Reason? I've looked through the manual, searched the DUC, and checked the Click options under the MIDI menu in PT. Nada.

Please help.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: How to get Click value diff. than session

Go to the transport bar and deselect the conductor and then go to the music notes and try different ones until you are happy with the accents on the click. The was a really basic description but you should be able to get it, if not I will be more detailed.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:38 PM

Default Re: How to get Click value diff. than session

Quote:
Go to the transport bar and deselect the conductor and then go to the music notes and try different ones until you are happy with the accents on the click.
Your suggestion is essentially the exact same as what I've already described doing with the tempo event (changing the resolution). That's all well and good to get the click to play eighth notes, but it doubles the playback speed of the Dr. REX loops in Reason.

I simply wish there was a way to get the click plug-in to behave more like a digital metronome, playing whatever note value you choose regardless of the session's tempo resolution.

Perhaps there's something I could do differently in Reason? Anyone?