Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM

Default Pro Tools LE 8 misc questions.

Hey guys,

After 2 and a half months waiting I have eventually recived my Mbox Pro, I would first like to say WOW!!!!!!

I havn't got much othe then a toneport UX2 to compare it to. but the 5 mins Ispent recording a test track, I got uttely amazing results.
It was worth the wait, the Mbox is really heavy, built very well and sounds amazing as well. And the installation went flawlessly.

One question I have about pro tools is how do I get all those free plugs? like melodyne and all the other free plugs we get, There was nothing about it in the box, and cant really find anything on the web, so was wondering if anyone could give me links or info?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 misc questions.

There should be a 3rd party software folder on the installation DVD. If you register your PTLE8 on-line you'll also be able to download them from your Avid account.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Ahh thanks for that, Ill give it ago, I registered it online, but do I have o make a seperate account.

another couple of questions I have come across:

1: I come from cubase, and in cubase you could right click on the windows and tell them to stay on top, so you could move each window from screen to screen without having to stretch the mother window, is this possible in pro tools?

2: How do MIDI tracks work? Im still getting used to the whole new system, IS there a way to open up a session of kontakt or any VI for that matter, and set an instrument to a select channel, meaning I could have 12 different instrments from 1 session of kontakt, on 12 MIDI tracks or do I have to have 12 different sessions of kontakt?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 PM

Those extra plugins should have included some cards with authorization numbers too. As for the other questions; if you run 2 screens, then make your main PT window NOT maximized. Drag the edges out to fill both screens. The drag the MIX window to the screen where you want and drag the edges out to fill the screen. Repeat for the EDIT window. Hit SAVE and then close PT by hitting Alt-F4. Next time it opens, it should come up as you closed it. As for Midi, for running VI's(Virtual Instruments) you are best off using stereo Instrument tracks. Insert the chosen VI in the top insert slot. When you put an Instrument track in Record, it will record MIDI data from your external midi controller(provided you setup the device in Setup>Midi>Midi Studio). As for the Midi Studio, its not critical to find the exact make/model of anything. Just create a device, name it what you like and assign the MIDI path(Mbox Midi port or any other midi path like the MOTU FastLane USB that I use). Be default, Instrument tracks will receive MIDI data on all channels and from any device(as long as it appears in the Midi Studio setup).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM

cheers, the only card I got was a yellow one telling me my pt8 info. No worries I have got the melodyne thing sorted now. although when I try to do the final serial auth it tells me to log in as an administrator, which I am. The duel screen thing, I already set it up as you mentioned (i found the info earlier) I was just wondering if there were different ways of setting it up. I have got my devices set up, that brings up a new question, Im all fresh to this software so its difficult trying to do things a cirtain way I have been used to, but so far im loving pro tools