Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2016, 10:58 PM

Default Klangfreund LUFSMeter - not a valid 64 bit aax plugin

Purchased the Klangfreund LUFSMeter tonight and get the following error message on booting Pro Tools after installing:

"The following plug-ins failed to load because they are not valid 64 bit AAX plug-ins:
LUFSMeter.aaxplugin"

So far I've tried:
-re-installing the plugin overtop the original installation
-un-installing and re-installing
-trashing pro tools preferences
-restarting the computer
-installing another plugin and then re-installing LUFSMeter (as previously I was having this issue with TBPro Audio's dpMeterII until I installed LUFSMeter, at which point this problem switched from dpMeterII to LUFSMeter)

I saw threads about the same issue regarding UAD and Waves plugins, but nothing regarding Klangfreund or TBProAudio plugins. Klangfreund doesn't have a License Manager like Waves does or a Control Panel like UAD does to tackle the issue in the ways suggested in those threads.

Waiting to hear back from their support but it's the weekend and not expecting to hear back until Monday. Reallllly hoping to have this resolved before then as I've got work to do this weekend and could really use this meter.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Klangfreund LUFSMeter - not a valid 64 bit aax plugin

Same problem. It won't load in PT 10 and gives the "LUFSMeter - not a valid 64 bit aax plugin" in PT 12.

If you hear back, please post their reply here.

If you're in a real pinch, Melda's Loudness meter measures LUFS, but is uses the older, ungated standard. Still, if your mix has no gaps of silence it should get you a good measurement.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MLoudnessAnalyzer

Good luck!

Adjunct Faculty: Columbia College
Teaching: Audio for Visual Media & Post Production Audio

Personal Audio Site: JennAudio
Old 05-30-2016, 07:48 PM

I downloaded a slightly older version of the plugin from their server by editing the current download link and changing the version number to 1.4.0

It loads and works properly.

You can see the differences in the versions here:

https://www.klangfreund.com/lufsmeter/releasenotes/

Adjunct Faculty: Columbia College
Teaching: Audio for Visual Media & Post Production Audio

Personal Audio Site: JennAudio
Old 06-03-2016, 12:34 AM

Hi,

I'm the creator of the LUFS Meter.

To fix this, use the latest (not yet linked on the website) LUFS Meter 1.4.3.
For customers:
https://www.klangfreund.com/download..._Installer.dmg
Demo version:
https://www.klangfreund.com/download..._Installer.dmg

The AAX version 1.4.2 of the LUFS Meter is only working in OS X 10.11.x. In earlier versions of OS X a "not a valid 64 bit AAX plugin" message is raised.

This is caused by an issue in the signing tool that needs to be used in order to create a valid AAX plugin. Some plugins by other companies created recently are also affected by this. As a user there is no workaround to make such a plugin work. All you can do is contact the plugin developer and request that he creates a new version with the latest signing tool (v3.0.2 or later).

Version 1.4.3 of the LUFS Meter has been reported to work again on pre El Capitan versions of OS X. After some final tests by me it will officially replace version 1.4.2 on the website. Before this incident I tested each release of the LUFS Meter in Pro Tools 12 under OS X 10.11 (64bit) and in Pro Tools 10 under OS X 10.6 (32bit) and expected it would then also work in PT with an OS X version in between. Now I have extended the testing to more versions of OS X.

Btw: If you need a quick reply from me, please use https://www.klangfreund.com/contact/.

Kind regards,

Samuel