How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2012, 06:05 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 with Media Composer Satellite

Hello,
I am getting ready to upgrade our Mac Pro Tools 8 to Pro Tools 10. We use Media Composer Satellite. I was looking at the iLok licenses and I see that the MC Satellite iLok has a Pro Tools 7.4 Satellite license. Do I need to do anything at all with the Media composer (or it's iLok)? After I upgrade the Mac to Pro Tools 10 will my Media Composer still be recognized as a satellite?

Also I see on iLok that it is asking me to surrender an old Pro Tools license. Can someone briefly tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance
Tom Lewis
PGA TOUR Entertainment
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 with Media Composer Satellite

MC Satellite 7.4 is what we have on iLok and used to work with PT9 and MC5.0.3. I have problems with MC5.0.3 not slaving to PT10 (Flamethrower errors) and didn't find solution yet (no time to research at the moment). I was wondering if PT10 is not happy with MC5.0.3 and needs MC6, but with your question I wonder that maybe I should update the license (I do think however that the MC PT7.4 license never got updated and is the latest; it was also PT7.4 for use with PT8 and 9).

For an iLok update with surrender, the iLok containing the license that needs to be surrendered, must be connected to your computer and be used to download the new license. The old license will be removed during the process. Example: a PT9 to PT10 upgrade asks to connect your current PT9 iLok and will remove that PT9 license, replacing it with a PT10 that contains a PT9 (so you can still start with PT9 if you wanted to).

Greetings,

Thierry
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 with Media Composer Satellite

Upgraded one of my two audio post rooms to PT10 on Mac. Did not have to touch the ilok or anything else in the Media Composer Sattelite (PC).

The iLok lisence surrende was easy as well.
Thanks