Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Default 7.4 video slip or spot is gone

how come in 7.3 i could simply click/drag a video to a new location, or click on it while in spot mode and spot it to a new location numerically but now in 7.4 i can't drag it or spot it or anything? it's like it's locked.

the only way left now in 7.4 to position a video is to delete it and import it and spot it to the new location in the import dialog. very frustrating whan all i want to do is slide it a few frames!

how is this an improvement? what am i missing? or have i uncovered another bug?

G5Q/5.5GRAM/PTLE7.4/002R
Old 11-16-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Re: 7.4 video slip or spot is gone

wha?!

is this true???

that would really blow if it is.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Still works fine for me, have you tried trashing prefs etc?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 PM

yes, of course.

what does it mean when prefs are reset to defaults even when you didn't trash them?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 AM

Hi.

I have the same problem, did you figure it out?

Regards, Espen Noreger
Old 11-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Avid

Does this only occur in previously created sessions or in new sessions as well?

If it occurs in previously created sessions, which version were they created in?

What format is your video in? Do you have more than one video in the timeline or in the regions bin?

If you save and reopen the session in 7.4, can you then move the video? Is the video on the track possibly locked?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:

If it occurs in previously created sessions, which version were they created in?

What format is your video in? Do you have more than one video in the timeline or in the regions bin?

If you save and reopen the session in 7.4, can you then move the video? Is the video on the track possibly locked?
Hello Fellow DUCs.

I just spoke with sophie and it seems Digidesign has just banned her from the DUC. I, for one, feel that is censorship, but feel free to read my post on the other thread she was posting on: "7.4 & RMX".

She asked me to follow up on this thread and to ask the person from DigiTechSupt to please try these above things themselves as she is too busy working to perform tests and thought it would make much more sense for someone who is getting paid to do the testing.

Seems to make sense to me. Surely it is easier for you to do it with all the systems with different versions a tech support employee of Digidesign would have access to as opposed to a lowly user who is too busy actually using the system in order to pay the bills. That would be helpful, too, wouldn't it? Surely you wouldn't ask us to do something you yourself was unwilling to do, would you?

Please try these things and let us know.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Quote:

Hello Fellow DUCs.

I just spoke with sophie and it seems Digidesign has just banned her from the DUC. I, for one, feel that is censorship, but feel free to read my post on the other thread she was posting on: "7.4 & RMX".

She asked me to follow up on this thread and to ask the person from DigiTechSupt to please try these above things themselves as she is too busy working to perform tests and thought it would make much more sense for someone who is getting paid to do the testing.

Seems to make sense to me. Surely it is easier for you to do it with all the systems with different versions a tech support employee of Digidesign would have access to as opposed to a lowly user who is too busy actually using the system in order to pay the bills. That would be helpful, too, wouldn't it? Surely you wouldn't ask us to do something you yourself was unwilling to do, would you?

Please try these things and let us know.
Obviously it makes sense and is always the first thing we do. We only ask for further information if we are unable to reproduce the problem ourselves, as is the case here.

The ban was not from me (as I keep saying, I'm really, truly trying to help...), but was done because sophie has a history of violating these specific DUC Terms of use:

Digidesign reserves the right to remove posts or restrict the posting privileges of individuals that exhibit a clear agenda designed to slander, insult, or otherwise undermine Digidesign, its employees, our development partners, or any other company or individual.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:

Hi. I have the same problem. I opened up a few old sessions (Created with PT 7.1->7.3) I could move the video around fine in those sessions. Seems like it's only when I create new sessions in 7.4 the video is stuck.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:11 AM

Hi.
I finally figured it out: The graber tool (F8) has to be in "time" mode in order to move the video file along the timeline.....