Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2021, 08:12 PM

Default Avid S1 input monitor, track color switches, and more

I'm demoing an Avid S1 and so far it's really enjoyable. A few minor questions for anyone in the know.

- Is there a way to activate a track's input monitoring via the Avid S1 surface? (i.e., not the Control app)

- Are the labels above the Track Color Switches just default placeholders? By this, I mean, there are four keyboard modifiers and four "user" buttons…but these are all user buttons via Eucon.

- Are the colors of the Track Color Switches also user-definable? (Eucon gives this appearance.) Or do they always reflect the color of the selected track?

- Can you expand/collapse folders in PT from the S1 surface? By this I mean collapse an open folder so only the folder track is on the surface, versus spilling folder tracks over the faders.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions like this over the next few days but these are the ones the internet and manuals aren't giving up so readily.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:19 AM
Avid

Default Re: Avid S1 input monitor, track color switches, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwilco2000 View Post
- Is there a way to activate a track's input monitoring via the Avid S1 surface? (i.e., not the Control app)

- Are the labels above the Track Color Switches just default placeholders? By this, I mean, there are four keyboard modifiers and four "user" buttons…but these are all user buttons via Eucon.

- Are the colors of the Track Color Switches also user-definable? (Eucon gives this appearance.) Or do they always reflect the color of the selected track?

- Can you expand/collapse folders in PT from the S1 surface? By this I mean collapse an open folder so only the folder track is on the surface, versus spilling folder tracks over the faders.
Input Mon is on the list to do

The 8 Softkeys can be changed to whatever you want, yes

The Track Colors are fixed at the moment. Looking into adding a pref to change that...plus make multiple S1 have different softkeys

Yes, a few ways, double tap the Sel button of the Folder track, or Use the Control App
Old 11-04-2021, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Avid S1 input monitor, track color switches, and more

Hey Eddie, thanks much for these answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes, a few ways, double tap the Sel button of the Folder track
I can use the app, but if there is a folder current expanded in the GUI, double-tapping the Sel button of the track on the S1 will spill its tracks onto the faders. Exiting that mode by double-tapping it again or using the nudge keys will go back to the previous fader layout with the folder expanded. Maybe there’s a EUCON command to collapse all folders?