Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Default bounced song crashes when I choose the HPF or LPF.

I have bounced a song - and I have placed it into a stereo track. However, when I place 'EQ3 - 1 Band' or the 7-band EQ Plugin - and choose either the high pass filter, or low pass filter @12dB - Pro tools crashes!

Why?

I have never had a problem with any 'crashes' - until NOW!

Even the MIDI has been steady and my computer didn't even sweat when I was 'diallng-in X amounts' of stereo/mono tracks, Plugins and returns etc. Yet, soon as I try to 'filter-sweep' from 20Hz - 20kHz, It crashes!

I despair sometimes with Avid - I really do. I need this function to work for important post production assignments that I am working on. After all, it is just 1 song on 1 stereo track - thats all!
443.8 MB (Waveform audio) why is it so incredibly difficult for that function to work on 1 stereo track?

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

James

EDIT//: I have placed this song in my original session (from where it was bounced) and I am giving it 'some stick' with EQ3 1Band (stereo) and the EQ3 7 Band (stereo) and it is 'steady as a rock' (obviously the SOLO button is on) but it seems to work perfectly in there. I don't know what was causing it to crash originally - but, I think it may be because I chose a template from the 'Dashboard' and placed my bounced song in there - and it does not like it. Anyway, everything's fine now - I will just do Audio post production in my original MIDI session, with the solo button on. Phew, started to panic then :) !

James

Last edited by jamesleonard; 11-12-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Re: bounced song crashes when I choose the HPF or LPF.

Tough to offer any advice with zero info on your system. Look at the top of this(and every) page for a link called Help Us Help You and have a good read.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave