Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 11:13 AM

Default Soft Samplecell problem

Until I can get a faster computer, I've got Soft Samplecell on an old Power Computing 240 that has a G3/350 cpu card installed. While this isn't the most glamorous setup or probably even supported, it has been working flawlessly for about 3 months. Audio goes out an AM III card spdif to the main PT rig in another computer.

NOTHING has been changed, added, deleted at all to the computer. But all of a sudden, the same instruments and banks that I've been using all along crap out. Too many voices and CPU usage. Even just opening the SSC app without any banks, the CPU usage meter shows significant activity! And when playing from a midi controller, the cpu usage shoots through the ceiling, thus crapping out. And OMS shows an alert about overrun. This is just 1 midi keyboard on a single port midi interface attached to the modem port.

Just for the heck of it, I removed SSC and reinstalled. No difference. So I installed it in my laptop. It works correct there. Only difference is the laptop has OS 9.2.2, a usb midi interface and audio out the headphone jack. The other computer OS 9.1, serial midi interface and an AMIII card. But remember, this WAS working fine for months.

What's going on. I'm stumped and I'd really like to have this working again.

thanks
anthony