Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2015, 03:08 PM

Default VCC 2.0 bug?

I just came across what I think may be a little bug.

I set up VMR with one instance of VCC2 inside with a group selected, for example, group 1 (any group does the same) as the default for VMR when it opens. All is fine and it opens with VCC inside as I set up... now, if I then want to copy that instance to another insert within protools (ALT-click n drag), every other instance of VMR with VCC set to group 1 defaults "all settings to zero". I've tried it several times with different groups and every time it has the same result. it resets all settings in all instances set to the same group.

Anyone else able to replicate this?

I have reported it to Slate support but just wanted to know if it was just me... lol

Rosco
Old 02-22-2015, 05:51 PM

Default Re: VCC 2.0 bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post

I set up VMR with one instance of VCC2 inside with a group selected, for example, group 1 (any group does the same) as the default for VMR when it opens. All is fine and it opens with VCC inside as I set up... now, if I then want to copy that instance to another insert within protools (ALT-click n drag), every other instance of VMR with VCC set to group 1 defaults "all settings to zero". I've tried it several times with different groups and every time it has the same result. it resets all settings in all instances set to the same group.

I have reported it to Slate support but just wanted to know if it was just me... lol

Rosco
Yep, all the pots go fully counter-clock wise!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:53 PM

Default VCC 2.0 bug?

All center? Hmm... Mine all go fully anti clockwise. All the way to zero, if you will. Input fully down, output fully down, first console selected, drive fully down. Weird
Old 02-22-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:

Rosco
I'm not seeing this issue on my system. When I copy a instance to another insert it works as it should. All setting remain.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:52 PM

I encountered a similar problem in Sonar Platinum and Studio One 2. With my scenario, I had saved my settings with group 1 as the default. When I closed the session and reopened it later, the input and output were set to -18.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Modisette View Post
I encountered a similar problem in Sonar Platinum and Studio One 2. With my scenario, I had saved my settings with group 1 as the default. When I closed the session and reopened it later, the input and output were set to -18.
Sounds like a very similar bug Dave. Have you reported your experience to Slate Support?
Old 02-23-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I'm not seeing this issue on my system. When I copy a instance to another insert it works as it should. All setting remain.
Zion, have you set up a default instance of VMR with VCC inside and set to group 1?

If so, make sure nothing is inserted yet, then, insert VMR (default with VCC) and then alt drag...
Old 02-23-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Zion, have you set up a default instance of VMR with VCC inside and set to group 1?

If so, make sure nothing is inserted yet, then, insert VMR (default with VCC) and then alt drag...
Yep! I have VMR setup with a default instance of VCC set to Group 1 and Alt drag to another Insert works fine. All settings remain as Group 1 in all inserts. Even after reloading song.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Just tried this on my rig and all worked as expected, with all settings retained. Things that make you go "hmmm"

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-24-2015, 12:16 PM

Weird. Wonder why it's happening with some and not others. What the common denominator here?