Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2014, 05:36 AM

Default Very Basic Eleven Rack question

Hi, don't have an 11R yet, thinking of getting one. I like modelers but the complexity can be overwhelming for me - simple is better. People say the 11R is much easier to dial in than say, a POD HD.

So, I was wondering about one thing - is it possible to turn fx on/off with a footswitch?

I saw a bunch of vids and posts on midi controllers. I'm really interested in something much more basic - for example:

Lets say I have a clean-ish setting for playing some chords and want to click in overdrive for a solo. Is there an easy way to do that...?

With the HD I could easily do something like this. Just wondering...

I'd also like to be able to cycle through a couple of fx in front of a combo amp when not using the amp modeling...with a footswitch.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Very Basic Eleven Rack question

Yes, you can switch effects on and off with a standard footswitch. Even with a double footswitch (via the jack on the back panel).
The limitation in comparing with the Pod HD is that the 11R doesn't have a floorboard. But if you combine the 11R with a midi foot controller (as many of us do), the options are countless, depending more on the controller than on the 11R. Recommended options are
1. the Behringer FCB 1010 in combination with one of the eprom-mods available (which enable it to be used in stompbox mode, which seems to be what you are looking for). There is a lot of stuff on that issue both here in the forum as well as on YouTube. This is the "standard" for a budget solution.
2. the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. This is the premium version, if you will.

But there are a few other good controllers, like the Little Giant or the KMI Softstep (which is what I prefer due to its minimal size).
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Very Basic Eleven Rack question

Like therealmf said, you can select a rig from the frontpanel and on/off whatever 2 effects you want with a simple 2-button footswitch. I built one for less than $10. All effects have a midi CC for on/off.

You can also program that same switch to be rig-down and rig-up to scroll thru your rigs. That's what I do when I just go out jamming with friends, I created a bank with clean, crunch, rythme and solo rigs. They are access from 1-2 up/down button press.

The 11R is really easy to use, I almost never use the editor and do everythng from front panel, it's like a real amp and same with effects.