Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2010, 03:09 AM

Default Use Sony DSR-25 for video out firewire

Hi people

I'm setting up a new pro tools studio at our school in Sweden. I've builde an i5 windows pc, and got a 003 factory. So far everything is working great!

I have one problem though. The setup is for film students, and they need video out firewire to do dubbing and foley. I have hooked up a Sony DSR-25 via Firewire, and it is recognized by Windows. I have also loaded a DVPAL quicktime movie into my pro tools project, and the "video out firewire" option stopped beeing grayed out. Now when i try to select the option to output, the tick will not show in the dropdown menu, and i get no output...

I wondered if anyone has successfuly connected a DSR-25 to pro tools? I read that it is not officially supported by Digi, only the DSR-1500A and DSR-40 are. I'm just wondering why not the 25?

Any help here would be appreciated!

Thanks
Thomas Pape
Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Use Sony DSR-25 for video out firewire

IIRC, video out firewire is indeed Mac only. However, there was a couple of solutions for PC that involved the video card in the computer and another monitor. One of the suggesters actually prefrred this method because he said there was little or no drift versus video out firewire.

Try this post and this post or serach for video with user name gerax.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction