Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Pro Tools Won't Render Elastic Audio Files

Does anybody know why Pro Tools might have a problem rendering Elastic Audio tracks on multitrack drums? It just freezes up everytime I try it on one particular session, but it works fine on other sessions.

The Task Manager shows the task, but the progress bar just sits there. I checked the Rendered Files folder, and apparently it managed to write a few small files before it froze. It just stops, and eventually Pro Tools just closes out without even showing any kind of error message. Just disappears. I have even tried ungrouping the drums and rendering each track one at a time, consolidating, etc., and still no luck. Anybody else had similar problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Won't Render Elastic Audio Files

Bump
Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 AM

Check out your RAM......
Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-san View Post
Check out your RAM......

I've got 3 GB installed. I had 4, but I had a stick go bad on me a few weeks ago, so maybe that explains the problems. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Still no luck figuring out the problem. This issue doesn't happen with most of the sessions that I use EA in, just in a couple. Funny thing, in both instances, it is the drum tracks that won't render. Everything else renders just fine. Drums are set to the Rhythmic algorithm in both sessions, and Real-Time processing works fine, but as soon as I flip them over to Rendered processing, Pro Tools just quits, like it's getting some kind of internal error or something, even though it doesn't show any kind of error message before it crashes.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Avid

Have you tried trashing preferences or databases yet?

If it only happens in one session, have you tried using Import Session Data to a new session, to possibly get around some kind of session corruption? You could also try it track by track to see if it's a particular track causing the problem.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:55 AM

it appears that if a warp marker is to close to another it will cause it to freeze.
ive had some issues where if it did process that it would make a terrible spike.
some spikes even cause the system to wack out with white noise flooding the system and reboot was the only way to stop it.....
they should have a way to remove and and or not make warp markers double up or at least not make them too close to each other...

very dangerous....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 12.04.07 PM.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 PM

Step #1, don't dredge up a 7 year old thread.
Step #2-post complete details about your setup as described in this thread:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050
Step 3(should be step #1) start a new thread with all the important details(without which, nobody can offer much help)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-08-2015, 01:04 PM

this is a problem that recently started with me on PT 11.3.0 and maybe a previous release....

maybe when i pay avid the 600 dollars to fix s%$t that they should have fixed 7 years ago i wont need to open up old posts....lol.

im using a full blown HDX rig with 32 in 32 out. MAC PRO 6core 3.1 64gig ram

if you look at the picture you will see what happens to create the problem. pro tools will generate while quantizing some warp markers that are too close to each other and they cause the crash.
once the markers are removed the crash goes away....so you have to go through and make sure there are no issues with audio quantizing and warp markers too close to each other.

anyone out there having the same problem just simply dbl check your work and remove the war ,arkers that are too close to each...

problem solved.

Last edited by mike fennel; 04-08-2015 at 04:26 PM.