Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 06:16 AM

Default Problems moving session to new computer

Dear list,

I've just upgraded to an HD Accel system on a Dual 2.0 G5 (Whoo-hoo!) and am loving it except for one thing:

I've moved several projects from the old computer to this one. When I open them, PT can't find the audio or fade files. I'd expect that, since the directory structure is different. I ask it to find and re-link the files. It finds all the audio just fine, but insists on regenerating the fades regardless of whether I've checked the button for that or not. That's where the fun starts. On many of the fades, it does not regenerate them properly. Only one side of the audio will be present. Obviously, that won't cut it!

If I select the fade, bring up the Create Fades dialog, and press enter, it re-regenerates the fade and all is well. It's a real pain going through the whole session and doing that one fade at a time.

What's the solution? Do I have to recreate the old file structure to use the old sessions? Or is there a way to have it actually find the old fade files (They're there, in the proper position relative to the EDL, but it doesn't look)? Or is there a way of doing what I described to all the fades at once?

Any help would be most appreciated!

-Scott

System: OS X.3.4, HD Accel, Two internal IDE drives, 4.5 GB RAM
PT 6.4, OS 10.3.4, Dual 2.0 G5, 4.5 GB RAM, Dual 250G ATA drives
Old 08-11-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Problems moving session to new computer

move the fades folder to the trash so PT has to remake all of them from scratch and see what happens.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Problems moving session to new computer

Hmmm, in the middle of trying your idea, I marked a few of the bad edits and just closed and reopened the session. Voila - they all worked! And this was without it having regenerated them.

Sounds like a playback bug in 6.4. Digi, any comment on this? On this machine, at least, it happens consistently.

-Scott
PT 6.4, OS 10.3.4, Dual 2.0 G5, 4.5 GB RAM, Dual 250G ATA drives