Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM

Default BFD lite? does not act as expected

OK , so first i have to say the sounds on BFD are very good. However despite reading the manual I'm wondering if this is some sort of psychotic crippleware to tease you with the sounds but is totally dysfunctional as a real tool unless you buy the full deal..

I've instantiated BFD on an instrument track. I wrote some MIDI notes into the MIDI track. The VU meter in the instrument track shows in the selected range for groove tracks. but only the first bar plays as per the play option setting I have set up.

My thought as to how this ought to work is that I cam write notes into the instrument track in either the groove or fill ranges and create a drum track that way.

Any guidance or links are much appreciated

TIA as always

B
Old 11-22-2008, 09:52 PM

Default Re: BFD lite? does not act as expected

I'm not totally sure what you are describing, but I'll take a guess..

You are recording or writing in MIDI notes to trigger grooves, but the individual notes stretch to more that the length of the groove... Meaning your want the groove to repeat for the length of the MIDI note, even though the MIDI note is longer than the groove...

I think there is a setting that will allow that, or you can just write in a new note to re-trigger the groove..

Take a look through the manual again... I'm pretty sure there is a switch in there for that..

Of course, maybe I misunderstand the problem you are having
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
I'm not totally sure what you are describing, but I'll take a guess..

You are recording or writing in MIDI notes to trigger grooves, but the individual notes stretch to more that the length of the groove... Meaning your want the groove to repeat for the length of the MIDI note, even though the MIDI note is longer than the groove...

I think there is a setting that will allow that, or you can just write in a new note to re-trigger the groove..

Take a look through the manual again... I'm pretty sure there is a switch in there for that..

Of course, maybe I misunderstand the problem you are having
Actually I'm having the opposite problem. I write the appropriate note in at 1 or two bar intervals. I can see the note trigger activity up in the instrurment portion of the mixer window but the groove is not triggered.

I have tried all the different option in the BFD play window and I can't get it to work reliably

B
Old 11-24-2008, 07:23 PM

I just tried writing in some notes and it is working OK for me..

I have the edit mode set to grid so that the written in notes will snap to the exact beginning of the measure ( 2| 1| 000 in the MIDI event list for example)

The play options I have set are:

Respond to Groove notes is checked
Transition Mode = Immediate

Nothing else that might affect triggering.. Auto repeat and auto shuffle are off...